Talk about depreciation

Now I never really kept track of these but weren’t they going for like 90K+ Because dealers were being assholes?

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/2015-hellcat/6554193018.html

EDIT: For all I know this is a good price lol

There was never a limit on how many they were going to make so that has to be a big factor. Also you now have the latest & greatest Demon which is what all the hellcat guys probably want. I think the production run on those is more limited so you might see those hold value better.

Does anyone know of a case where crazy dealer markup was actually justified and worked out for the purchaser years down the road? I can’t think of any examples.

I just remember the PT Cruiser craze…

Worked out for Ford GTs

Big time.

I shoulda gotta FGT when i could have. You can get a new Hellcat for sub $60K if you try. The demons are mid 80s if you want one.

this explains why i have been seeing 2 or 3 of these a day even in shitty weather.

It was a $60ish car new seems to have held its value well…

Obviously dealers marked up the first bunch but its been out a while now.

And it IS just a Dodge…albeit a very high horsepower one.

GT350Rs have held close to the dealer ADMs. The regular 350s have dropped as standard depreciation would dictate.

When I sold RVs, my least favorite part was when people came in a year later to trade in their rv and find out they were 90k upside down on their 1 year old RV.

400k sale price, 10-20% depreciation off the lot, 110% of msrp financed with minimal down payment…yeah, I’m glad I don’t do that anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

There was a time when there was so much dealer stock, that you could lease a Hell Cat with nothing out of pocket for $450/month or so. It was STUPID cheap.

I may consider one of these in about 5 years when they’re 15 grand. I bet they’re a hell of a lotta fun though.

I guess im missing something that case was mid 60s new in 2015…It’s now for sale(private sale) at $51500 it seemed to hold value pretty well.

I think what he’s saying is that people were paying $90k not sticker.

I don’t think I’d ever want something so much that I’d be willing to pay that much above MSRP.

The first handful which happens with all the time with cars like this…

I know a few that went locally for MSRP

The only time it MAY be worthwhile to pay over sticker is if the manufacturer has already stated that they will only be building a limited quantity. In the Hellcats case, they’ll build as many as people will order. No point in paying extra just to have it a few months before everyone else.

Apparently some dealers are still aiming for higher prices than they are worth.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=473784535&zip=14031&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D14031%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DCHALLENGER%26makeCodeList%3DDODGE%26searchRadius%3D25%26trimCodeList%3DCHALLENGER%7CSRT%2BHellcat&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=CHALLENGER&makeCodeList=DODGE&searchRadius=25&makeCode1=DODGE&modelCode1=CHALLENGER

smokin deal! :stuck_out_tongue:

I would presume that most people who pay over sticker for a Dodge are not looking for a good investment. An extra $25,000 or whatever is not a lot of money to some people. It is all relative.