I guess locals paid too much for their Ford GTs

I’ve talked to several owners and Sales guys about the Ford GT and always found it kind of strange that they are all willing to volunteer how much they paid for their cars (or how much they “really” sell for). Most guys throw out the $200K figure ($153K is the sticker price). In the back of my mind I was allways thinking that just sounds like way too much. I know how cheap most rich fuckers are, there’s no way they would all pay that much over sticker. Anyway reading the 8/29/05 issue of autoweek, of the owners that completed their survey, prices ranged from $156K to $177K for an average of $166K. Either the local guys are not really business savy, or they are full of shit

X…

TAXXXXEEESSSSSSS Gas Guzzler, thank you NYS it would probably get you up nearer to that mark

Maybe they just round up to sound even more “baller”.

I’d be more impressed if they told me they got it for sticker or less, that would impress me with their skillz. Anyone can pay too much. :gotme:

X…

156 does not sound nearly as cool as 200K

besides who likes telling people how much they paid for there car, thats all like every kid asked me when I was at the S&R cruise night. Not to be a dick or anything but I paid alot and its really none of your business. Who cares what I paid for it, look on autotrader if you wanna see how much a car costs.

yea…What do they care how much you paid, unless they are looking to buy one.

I don’t want to know what people paid because it makes me feel poorer then everyone else :frowning:

-Cheater-

153 k sticker = $12,622.50 in sales tax. random & painful fact.

They are going over sticker, there is luxury, NYS, Erie county, and gas guzzler taxes, it probably came out to around 180K easier to say 200K and whats 20K to them anyways :gotme:

Sticker price is 139995.00 on a GT plus 1395 for destination and delivery = 153,055 final price with NYS tax. There is no more luxury tax as of 2003.

Word on the street is one is for sale but they are not taking any offers under $250k.

Auto Trader has had them in there for 225k… kinda redic.

That’s the “word” that’s full of shit, as per the survey.

x…

people allso have the habit of rounding up

175 or 180 might be the sale price, and 200 is what people will say … andd as many zeros to the end as you like the result is the same … 17 bucks becomes 20 all the time too

too rich for my pockets for probably the rest of my life. But my overly wealthy Boss ( who owns the Brownstone, Laughlins, Chophouse, Darcy McGee’s, Warehaus and basically every parking lot downtown) has one that he drives up and down Franklin street when hes not driving the brand new viper. What a rich, rich bastard

Yeah i know the Croce family hes a huge dick.