Want a Mustang GT500 Locally?

Just for the hell of it I contacted a local dealer that has a 2008 GT500 in stock just to see what the pricing is like since sticker is mid $40’s. I found the reply very amusing:

My name is X from X Ford.Thanks for inquiring about our 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500. This one does have the stripes on it and it is the real Shelby GT500 with the 500 hp engine.Since this one is a rare find we would be selling it for $20,000. over MSRP.We do have other Mustang Shelby’s with the regular Mustang GT V8 engines that we will sell at MSRP.If you would like more information on any of these Mustangs please email at x@yourasuckerifyoutakethisdeal or call me at 716 xxx xxxx.Thank You,X

Are people actually paying 65k for this car?!

Most likely.

Its not so much about the car, as it is about the shebly novelty nameplate. Its worth whatever people are willing to pay.

FS: A Shelby Fuzzyfish. 100k

yeah, it is retarded that people will actually pay that much for them. Yeah they have some nut from the factory, but I remember seeing a topgear where they only took it around their track like .01 quicker than a holden monaro with 150hp less.

It should honestly be JUST an engine package.

want the shelby 500hp engine? add 10K to the MSRP of a GT

too many baby boomers with too much $$$

5 star ford has them listed for $48k in there inventory

Depends totally on locale and availablity.

Fact: GT500’s actually have nothing to do with Shelby or his plant. They roll off the Ford line and go to dealerships, just like regular six-bangers and Mustang GTs. The Hertz GT-Hs (and I think the Shelby GT, not GT500) are sent to the Vegas Shelby facility and are hopped up there with suspension goodies and such.

The debate is that one is a “true” Shelby while the other is a badge job and is really an SVT without the SVT badges.

IMO the last “true Shelby” was the '66 model. In '67 Ford started taking over the conversions and by '68 they were made in Michigan, not Cali.

Meh the local Ford dealer here in Vegas has a few regular GT500’s and a few convertibles. I already called and I could get one for like 42k. Not really interested right now though just called for fun.

Is 42k below sticker?

there is a Ford GT for sale at Transit and Walden…or was last time i drove by

On top of sticker, owners are also bringing them to Shelby in Las vegas and paying $15000 more to have a performance and looks package added.

A friend that has a triple black very is doing that with his in November :slight_smile:

I think that might be partially blamed on me since when we were at SEMA I told him about the Shelby building and he went there for a tour. Next day he told me he was getting one and then was going to get the addon package :slight_smile:

super snake? Anthony from O&A is sending his there for that aswell

I love when jim is around when he talks about that. They give him so much shit about that car.

lol no shit

Ant - “I was driving into work today in the shelby, doing 120mph down the long island”

lil jimmy - “wow… why don’t you buy a saturn and do the speed limit?”

hahaha i think jim is nervous cause he sees his paycheck dying in a car accident :slight_smile:

Hahaha Lil’ Jimmy is great.

lol did you guys catch coach jimmy?

“who cares if he prefers the company of another gentleman, he does everything right”

:lol:

I was rolling

haha I was laughing my ass off at that

Back to the Shelby, I find it hard to believe that they still command that kind of upcharge.

Dealerships in buffalo are such a rip…