2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 gets 662HP

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/04/27/2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-to-pump-out-662-hp/?intcmp=features

http://a57.foxnews.com/img.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/660/371/1shelbyy.jpg

Amazing car to say the least

bustang

Amazing car

id sell mine in a heartbeat for one of those 13’s

If those numbers are indeed correct then that will be one amazing automobile.

they are spot on…and most likely modestly underrated.

It’ll be interesting to see what GM does with the Camaro platform over the next few years.

They already made a car that was supposed to compete, it’s not even close iirc.

Yeah, the ZL1, but there is also speculation that GM will be switching away from the zeta platform in the near future.

$55k sticker price!! thats unreal for what your getting

Cool car and HP number, but it’ll still get violated in every aspect of performance by the Viper/ZR1. I guess it’s a ‘cheap’ price for what you get, idk, a 55K car is still WAY out of most peoples league (realistically, not saying that a lot of us could finance one for 8 years with a 900 dollar payment or some stupid shit)

I think a better comparison is the $55,000 ZL1 Camaro, not the $110,000 Corvette ZR1.

…but still gets 24 mpg on the highway…

I’m lucky if I get that in my Subaru… :eek3

I guess. Most of us, including me, will compare the ‘top guns’ from the big 3, regardless of the model.

I definitely understand your logic. I’m a big fan of the “bang for the buck” factor, I love getting the most car/truck/bike/hooker for the dollar.

ford gt/viper/zr1 imo…gt500/zl1/srt8’s(challenger,charger)… and the hp is not the only thing the 2013 has improved upon dude. i dont know why you would think they just made alot of power and would call it a day. it should be just as capable as a zl1 in the twisties and road courses. itll be an interesting next couple of yrs for the big 3 for sure!

Can’t wait to read the MotorTrend comparo, should make for one hell of an interesting dump.

you have a zl1?

No way. :rofl