Super Snake ROAD & TRACK

Not sure if this one was posted.
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/11-01-07page-2008-Shelby-GT500-Super-Snake.htm

Looks badass in Orange

Looks pretty good to me. Now i’ll be waiting for the race vids of the first zr1 vs gt500shelby owners

Found the other video

so nice

One of the sickest looking factory vehicles ever. What I would do for that car.

Bang a black dude with burnyd pushing ?

:rofl:

Well, no. I have a greater chance of hitting the lottery than that ever letting myself go that low. Haha

The GT500 has proven to be a terrible car for anything other than drag racing, this will be no different. The GT500 track day guys have to stop just a few minutes into sessions to let things cool down. At least the SS has better brakes, but really there’s only so much you can do about a Huuuuuuuuuuuuge HP car that is also waaay overweight.

If I was going to have any Mudstain it’d be more like:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1847246

-TJ

oh man that thing is sweet

Carrying on the tradition of American Muscle. I can dig it.

…and this is why it can’t keep up with ford or chevy’s super car(gt and z06)

Comparing a GT to Mustang-derived GT500 is like comparing apples and oranges. It’s like comparing a Saleen S-281 Mustang to the Saleen S7. Two different types of cars, designed for two different markets.

GT500 and Z06… I can see that being a valid point. But the Super Snake versions may just hold a candle to a Z06 Stock for Stock in the 1/4 mile. They needed the extra 100-225 extra HP models for that.

In my opinion the Z06 is in a league above the mustang, notice when they do “supercar” comparisons it’s always a Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, Z06, And MAYBE a GT. The mustang simply can’t compete with cars like that, sure there are some people who make their mustangs bad ass and can actually not get ass raped by a stock Z06 or gallardo, the mustangs competition would be trans am ws6’s, the new camaro and other cars of the like. This isn’t Supercar talk though, just a pretty nice looking, ridiculously overweight, Mustang package

most new cars are gettin heavy these days…GTO, new G8 concept, Charger, challenger concept, magnum wagon, 300M hemi, all those are heavy cars.

who would pay 70k for a mustang?

:dunno:

probably the same ones that would pay +70K for a corvette.

Yeah, in that respect I guess. Though it’s still 500-1000lbs heavier than muscle car era Mustangs.

If all you want to do is run 1/4 mile w/ a stock Z06 and you are a Mustang guy, buy a 5.0 for $5,000, spend a few K in bolt ons and N20, and there ya go. Comparing C6Z drag times to anything is retarded. The C6Z is NOT a drag car and who cares what can run w/ it in the 1/4.

Probably NOT. Spending $70k+ for a 'vette gets you a C6Z which is an amazing track car. When I say track I mean road course, not drag strip. Though they hold their own on the strip too. You also get a really nice car in all respects. I don’t care what Top Gears says, they ride very very well considering the handling limits, they are fast, fun etc. Nobody buying a C6Z would want a Super Snake. The weight alone makes it a liability on the track. There have been tons of GT500 “incidents” on road courses because they are just too pig heavy even for their brakes (which are pretty damn good) yet have the HP to get them going way too fast for their own good.

Here’s how it likes to end:

(watch vid then scroll)

In the Mustang’s defense this incident was pretty much all driver error, but the problem was certainly compounded by the car. The driver was way late on turn-in, and tried to save it with a hard yank on the wheel. He should have swallowed his pride and went off-track straight-on to the outside of the turn instead of trying to be a hero. But the extreme weight of the car, combined with small tire fitment, soft/top heavy nature etc. all combined to make him pay big time for his mistake. That and too much HP/not enough brakes letting him get that late into the turn in the first place.

-TJ

there are a lot of people that could care less about the track differences of the vette to the mustang. The mustang has a great history(along with the vette) and a lot of people like it just because it’s a mustang.

Personally, I would rather have a 600hp mustang than a 600hp vette any day of the week, I do not like corvette’s.

So I guess the answer to “who’d pay $70k for a Mustang!?!” is YOU. Hehe.

Seriously though, you hit it on the head: the only ppl that will pay that for a Mustang are ppl that are die-hard 'stang fans and simply must have the “best” Mustang money can buy. Most ppl w/ $70k to spend on a car simply have more refined taste and expect a lot more (in terms of performance, luxury, curb appeal, quality etc) out of a car.

-TJ