TDOWN to Northeast Machine

NE was very good to me way back in the day. They would sell me complete sbc gasket kits with the blue fel-Pro head gaskets in them for $19.95 even though the package clearly stated “not for individual sale”. I’ve never had a problem with them and they always seem to stock hard to find gaskets and parts.

Sucks what happened to you. There will be horror stories from every machine shop in the land though.

My intention.

Back in the day I have had great results with NE. I had a block done there abour 5 years ago and it was great as usual. But opinions vary.

What Xander said… so true.

Was the extra $$ for the cleaning / degreasing? Ive had a number of cranks done and always forget that is almost always charged unless you say “dont clean it”

Ive dealt with them ALOT, paul is really the guy to talk to in the machine shop, donnie is good too, and kevin up front is good with parts. Other than wishing their prices were a bit better, they havent ever messed anything up.

OT but anyone know of decent machine shops around the warsaw area?

Side note. WNY has the highest gathering of machine shops anywhere in the country. Try to get ANY work done in NC. Gives you respect for just how good we have it in this area.

seriously, WNY is the shit for that kinda stuff

Yeah this is not surprising. I use NAPA for machining flywheels but that’s it.

i’ve been really happy with them, if you let them know it’s something “nice” they’ll take care of it.

Most machine shops will do good work if you let them know its going on a high HP or a show car. They love cars, they just don’t wana do race work on moms beater truck.