TDOWN to Northeast Machine

Quote over the phone to resurface flywheel. 40.

Quote in person. “won’t be more than 45.”

Price paid. $82.62

When asked about the difference all I got in reply, "if you want it back you’ll have to pay for the work performed. "

thanks.
At least I can put my car back together.
Also dropped it off Thursday morning and told it would be done that night, Didn’t get a call about it till four on Friday.

Nice!

Is this that place on Two Mile Creek by the river?

yep.

On the plus side. Kindergarten Cop is in starz

No written invoice prior to having the service done?

shitty.

Yeah, in retrospect, Guess I should have gotten one but really didn’t expect a hassle on a forty dollar flywheel job

for future reference…go to FLEET PRIDE over on firetower drive. had mine done awhile back for around $40…was done in a couple hours.

That sucks, Brian. I’ve never had a problem with Donny or anyone over at NE, although I’ve been having a lot of quick and dirty (resurfacing and such) done at Napa around the corner here. No complaints at all.

Figured I would use them because they were close and they figured I was younger and they could bend more over on the price.
Oh well.

napa did a great job on my rotors…

fleet pride also did an AWESOME job on my flywheel WAY back when, they had it done for me in an hour

I had fleetpride rebuild the driveshaft in my old legacy, quick and cheap.
I was happy.

B&L Racing Engines in N.Collins ftw. Cheap and fast.

I’ve had HORRIBLE experiences with Fleetpride as of lately. I’ll go out of my way to NOT go there anymore.

As far as NE Machine, you should have gotten a written estimate, but that’s still super shitty on their part.

That’s machine shops for you…

yea, i overpayed for my head resurface a couple years back but i was very happy with the quality/results. They did exactly what i wanted, i just had to pay a little more for the extra effort on there part. Cant realy complain too much, kinda how this stuff works sometimes.

NE really f-ed me awhile back when I had a head redone there. Im glad to see things havent changed.

had quite a few issues with NE personally when i was managing a shop in the southtowns and would never use them again. PM for details if you’re really interested in specifics.

northeast is good for parts. the guys upfront are awesome, even hooked me up HUGE on parts in the past(saved me about 230 bucks and a week or 2 delay) however the guys in the machine shop arent very friendly and the prices for machine work arent cheap. had them check a head for cracks for me and it was about 100 bucks. checking rods and machining rods for a full set was actually cheaper then having that head checked…around 85. i do as much of my own machine/hone myself, but for parts ill keep going there. they always have what i need.

I’m sure you’ve taken $40 of potenial dollars from them now, from people reading this thread. :tup:

X…

Northeast is slow with work.quality is not that great.

im not completely sure what all the guy can do, but bob reynolds, owner of rb reynolds tools will still machine stuff in his shop on the side. not sure how long hes been retired but my father and some other older guys have all used him alot in the past… he bored out my turbo for like 90 bucks to fit the bigger one in the hotside… pretty fast, and deffinatly well done…