Team [DRIFT] Practice Session Video

i think drifting is awesome.

[quote=“newman,post:41,topic:27308"”]

i think drifting is awesome.

[/quote]

I think you are less awesome.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:40,topic:27308"”]

I mean drifting for sport, like getting judged at some car show in socal. Also drifting on a track because some magazine says its fast, gay.

[/quote]

Drifting is lame. Its a sport created specifically for fan boys and ball riding…

lol drifting isn’t lame… people thinking they are drifters and all they hyping of drifting in the us has made THAT aspect of it lame

i give the real drifters a ton of credit, pulling off the things that they do isn’t easy

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:44,topic:27308"”]

lol drifting isn’t lame… people thinking they are drifters and all they hyping of drifting in the us has made THAT aspect of it lame

i give the real drifters a ton of credit, pulling off the things that they do isn’t easy

[/quote]

I give thme credit for being able to control their car really well but Drifting is not a sport, its dancing with a car.

Sport and competition go hand in hand.

I consider drifting a motorsport, just because a winner isn’t defined by a stopwatch doesn’t mean it isn’t something people compete at- a sport. For example a majority of the “X-Games” competitions are based on judgment… how they appear to others. Are all X-Games events not sports either? I think a lot of people would disagree.

[quote=“sureshot!,post:46,topic:27308"”]

Sport and competition go hand in hand.

I consider drifting a motorsport, just because a winner isn’t defined by a stopwatch doesn’t mean it isn’t something people compete at- a sport. For example a majority of the “X-Games” competitions are based on judgment… how they appear to others. Are all X-Games events not sports either? I think a lot of people would disagree.

[/quote]

Shut up

Tell me to shut up again and I’ll slap yo’ face with my red dragon.

to me… drifting looks like fun, not sport.

its a sport because people like to watch it and it sells lots of tires :smiley:

i used to crash into toll bariers at over 250 kph
and i survived

(in tokyo extreme racer zero…)

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:24,topic:27308"”]

So you are going to school for collision,…

does that mean if I bring my car to you after eating a tire wall all you are going to do is Photoshop it for me?

[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

GASP

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAA.

Oh man, I’m in tears here.

[quote=“Rx3,post:29,topic:27308"”]

He’s got a point. I saw where it was and I knew it was video game related before I even clicked on it.

[/quote]

[quote=“originalsin,post:25,topic:27308"”]

its not that hard to do what your doing. it seemed like most of the time u ended up spinning out or it was just a bit of ass sliding. i mean w/e, if thats your thing then cool. but iv seen many GT3 and GT4 “drift vids” that looked a whole lot more like drifting than that did.

ie.

edit: by posting this video i am not supporting virtual drifting

[/quote]

:headbang:

Remember the good old days when saying you do something implied real life by default? :lol:

Drifting in a video game is not drifting. Kind of like how hanging out on an internet forum is not the same as having friends. :biglol:

Either way, drifting is the cheerleading of motorsports. :gay:

Drifting is very much like cheerleading, unfortunately, but at same time hockey has turned into boxing on ice.

As far as GT3 video you posted. GT3 was far easier to drift in and get lots of smoke and remain sideways for extreme periods of times because of different physics. The video you posted of GT3 was one of the worest GT3 videos I’ve seen. GT4 is a whole different animal because of the more real life feel from physics. GT4 actually seems to have loads of understeer because of the tires lacking in grip because entry speed is to fast or what not.

I’d also like to throw out there that GT4 drifting still isn’t it real, it is more real then madden or tony hawk because in GT4 your actually using a wheel and pedals. Tony Hawk doesn’t actually have you using a skateboard that flip and shit. Now I’m not saying that is real life or that means I can drift in real life, I’m just implying that its closer to real life then other games mentioned.

dude artic zap, stop, god… just stop.

that being said i still need to own you on akina

[quote=“articzap,post:53,topic:27308"”]

GT4 is a whole different animal because of the more real life feel from physics.

[/quote]

No.
Not even close.
Come on now.

[quote=“articzap,post:53,topic:27308"”]

GT4 is a whole different animal because of the more real life feel from physics.

[/quote]

:lol:
GT4 drives NOTHING like real life. Especially not at the limit. You can just pound away at the gas and steer in GT4 and do a miracle lap. To compare GT4 to realistic physics would be like comparing flying on a commercial flight to “going into outer space”

I meant more real life compared to GT3. GT4 is closer then GT3.

This thread kicks ass. I sent it to 5 people already. It’s cool you like the game and get together to play, but having never mentioned it was a game before is highly miseading :lol:

FYI. I tend to find the people who “knock” drifting either have FWD, or tried and horribly sucked at it. I don’t go around saying I’m a drifter, BUT for those who have tried and took responsibility instead of doing a donut, find they can actually learn a thing or two on handling their car, and may come in handy one day in saving your precious body panels.

But yeah, video game, too funny. :smiley:

Organized drifting is gayer than aids (D1 shit), but sliding around is plenty of fun. I just can’t get into the stupid exhibitions of it and the utterly retarded “wagging” down the straights.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:59,topic:27308"”]

Organized drifting is gayer than aids (D1 shit), but sliding around is plenty of fun. I just can’t get into the stupid exhibitions of it and the utterly retarded “wagging” down the straights.

[/quote]

lol agreed :smiley: Can’t forget to mention that it is just pure fun.