Team [DRIFT] Practice Session Video

i know FWD, and i drive a FWD car :smiley:

i know playing in the snow is fun, and more fun with awd/rwd…
on pavement, you just have to go faster. (maybe i am oversimplifying it:P)

so what.
it takes real race drivers what… less than a year to master it and place well in competition?

I dunno, tandem drift competitions (not team) are pretty interesting, where a winner can be determined non subjectively.

Exhibition shit sucks though.

GT4 sucks as far as physics. In what car can you burn the tires off in 3rd gear with the wheel cranked and not do a donut?

Seriously, I can drift better in real life with a Neon than I can in GT4 with any of my 600+ hp RWD cars.

hella oldschool sig
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pd73a586d239083c6865ed30b61c650fe/f999b996.jpg

[quote=“drvnkd,post:61,topic:27308"”]

it takes real race drivers what… less than a year to master it and place well in competition?

[/quote]

example please?

or.

[quote=“drvnkd,post:61,topic:27308"”]

[/quote]

you don’t need to spend years at something to enjoy it and be successful. i mean i enjoy your mother, and that only takes minutes… and she’s always calling me ( and the neighborhood ) back for more.

:smiley:

Nick Hogan drifts for Mopar and he learned it in a day :lol: I saw it on “Hogan Knows Best”

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:24,topic:27308"”]

So you are going to school for collision,…

does that mean if I bring my car to you after eating a tire wall all you are going to do is Photoshop it for me?

[/quote]

lol

awesome.

[quote=“98GCL,post:65,topic:27308"”]

Nick Hogan drifts for Mopar and he learned it in a day :lol: I saw it on “Hogan Knows Best”

[/quote]

Haha anytime me and my buddy see anything that involves drifting we refer to it as “nick hoaganing”.

[quote=“articzap,post:53,topic:27308"”]

Drifting is very much like cheerleading, unfortunately, but at same time hockey has turned into boxing on ice.

As far as GT3 video you posted. GT3 was far easier to drift in and get lots of smoke and remain sideways for extreme periods of times because of different physics. The video you posted of GT3 was one of the worest GT3 videos I’ve seen. GT4 is a whole different animal because of the more real life feel from physics. GT4 actually seems to have loads of understeer because of the tires lacking in grip because entry speed is to fast or what not.

I’d also like to throw out there that GT4 drifting still isn’t it real, it is more real then madden or tony hawk because in GT4 your actually using a wheel and pedals. Tony Hawk doesn’t actually have you using a skateboard that flip and shit. Now I’m not saying that is real life or that means I can drift in real life, I’m just implying that its closer to real life then other games mentioned.

[/quote]

Nothing you say makes any sense. Drifting is like cheerleading? WTF does that even mean? And hockey, boxing on ice? Have you ever watched hockey? Right now, hockey is as far as it’s ever been from that. Fights are at an all time low.

GT3, GT4, doesn’t matter. It’s a video game. You aren’t a drifter.

Madden, Tony Hawk or video game dorifto. I don’t care what controller you’re using. None of it is anywhere close to real.

If you want to drift so badly, sell whatever car you have now, grab a 240, Miata, AE86 or whatever cheap, light RWD you’d like, and go to town. But don’t make video game movies of spinning out randomly in GT4 and then come here and act like it’s anywhere close to realism.

whats with everyone being a fucking cocksucker? lol i just dont get it, are you guys getting off trying to put down someone and their interests?

Obviously I’m not in ‘Huge Nerd’ because I’m against video games.

It’s just ridiculous to try and claim that what he does is realistic because there is a little plastic steering wheel involved.

[quote=“sureshot!,post:69,topic:27308"”]

whats with everyone being a fucking cocksucker? lol i just dont get it, are you guys getting off trying to put down someone and their interests?

[/quote]

Yeah, I think this has gone on long enough.