Testing a t25

Hia people

I have a garret T25 from sr20 that I need to test to see if it’s worth installing in the car. Originally I run it with oversized restrictor and during first test - it started cooking oil on the exhaust side so we shut it off after about a minute.

Now I am running another T25 inside the s14 (at 7.5psi) but I’d like to see if this one still works or needs a rebuild. Rather than spending 500-600 bucks on “just to be safe” rebuild, I’d rather save the money and test first.

Please let me know if someone in town could do a reliable leak / seals test up to 12 psi.

Thanks!

bump

any place that can bench test my spare turbo? price?

I’m getting tired of being followed by Chernobyl cloud everytime I boost… :twisted:

thanks guys

Idont know much about turbochargers but logic would say. If your pushing smoke only when you boost, somethings wrong with your turbo.

My installed one is smoking - my spare had kink in the return line and large restrictor - I’ve talked with local shop and heard it takes a bit to damage the seals permanently. I’ve run it for a minute with wrong setup so trying to save about 500-600 dollars here. Definitely want to get it tested before doing a rebuild.

If you know any place that can do bench-testing, please let me know.

Thanks