The 30th's Big gay Winter build

nice picks! This spring will be fun.

What’s the 1/4 mile goals?

you’ll have to be there’s no curves in FL

Looks good pat. Did you find what date those heads were ported at MTI. I was gona say its probably easier to just add the hole in the backing plates for the wheel sensor. Then having to buy new wheels bearings that cost $40-50. But its nice you got the GM drilled ones, and will be better in the long run with no issues. I’m not sure on the strange PN on thouse sets, but make sure the weding rings are turned down and polished for the inner axle seal that seals on them. With the housing ends strange uses the s60 we have. I found out later about it :frowning: But its cool you don’t loose any fluid pulling the axles.

:picard: wrong, if it is worth doing it is worth doing correctly. Drilling a hole is hack shit

Everyone has opinions, and while I agree with firehawk - We’ve made it all winter without any festering Fbody on Fbody drama. Don’t start it in this thread.

And the difference between the 3 channel backing plates on his rear ends now. And a 4 channel backing plates is… a clearance hole is drilled for the wheel sensors body, Its the same casting, and everything. Just the hole was drilled by GM and not anyone else. You can do it on the car even. And pat saved $50-75 on used, or $175 for new 4channle backing plates, and then having to cut off his good working press on wheel bearings, Buying new ones for $50+ and using 10+ tons to press them on. I have the same parts, on my car. And done many times, on other rearends too. I know a little about it :rolljerk:

Don’t really care how many time you have done it. The ABS wheel speed sensor are in pretty close proximity to the axle tone rings. A bit too close and they will hit the ring, too far away and you have ABS problems. This is definitely not something I would attempt on the car with a hand drill. Like I said there is a right way and a way that “might” work

Yeah just a bit heavier than a TIG’ed B16A block

Looks like this car will skeet skeet skeet on some heads this spring.

:picard: to having to fix another person’s screw-up, but :tup: to the progress. car will look and run nice and clean :tup:

i am actually up front gettin you a mountain poo :slight_smile:

nice Pat, she’s looking good.

nope never found out when they were done. I do agree a hole could be done, but as you said i’ll likely have no issues this way. thats simply what i want. the dash lights will be out and i’ll be good to go. got some more cleaning of things done tonight. quite happy with the current progress. i’ll be sure to keep this updated. i’m getting overly excited.

in these pics you can see the oil pan,front/rear covers, water pump have all been cleaned up and painted. can see the poly mounts installed for the motor. my sexy head plate and the valve covers i hand polished then clear coated. Also a sneak peek of the FRE throttle body on Turbo’s junk. That FRE throttle body is one sexy piece. New Era sells them locally, which is where i found out about it. I got mine used off of tech though.

You can have the Evo’s ABS if you want :slight_smile: I’m glad your making progress, keep it up bra!

That was a huge pile of bolts…

Kinda wanna come back to the shop sometime and see where this is going!

Looks good man!

yay! looks great pat… cant wait to hit the streets!

:tup:

damn thats a gang of nitrous. those adj. suspension pieces look nice.

am i the only one thats lost about this 30th thing? whats on the 30th?

it is a 30th anniversary edition.

it’s 1 of 1600 ever made. #1348. Has the decal package/blue wheels/white leather with blue stitching. No big deal really. Just one of the cars i had always wanted and now get to enjoy. Two bottles should help plenty when spraying a 150 shot.