The 6-speed 9C1 has arrived

Speaking of cars that are well photographed, here is one that is well deserving of some bandwidth. A common case of a car that looks much better in real life than the images can portray.

Hi Mike :bigthumb:

welcome

Must not be too deserving of bandwidth, because it didn’t show up… :smiley:

Heh, I didn’t actually post an image of it…figured I would leave it up to the readers to click your profile out of curiosity :wink:

welcome

welcome and nice car!! ive been thinking of getting one for a DD hahaha

heyyyy scott :bigthumb: welcome to the forum.

Scott is very knowledgable, guys, and he’ll bring a lot to Pittspeed. Plus, he’s a nice guy (unless you get in his face, it would appear…lol).

Man, after looking at the video from North Park, that looks like fun. That was the swimming pool parking lot, right?

I’d like to try that with the GTO.

Thanks quadman. That was indeed at the swimming pool lot. All NHSCC events are held there, which is nice since you don’t have to deal with summer heat :wink:

By all means, bring the GTO out. You will be in good company since there is a blue '06 out there running at the top of the class in FS. I am aching for a ride-along in that car…

Rides in my car are always free as long as you are willing to run the video camera and give me good slalom tips :smiley:

I didn’t realize you were speaking of my car and all it’s infinite paint chips on the hood… :smiley:

Thanks though. :slight_smile:

</hijack>

welcome

I dig it. A Six Speed anything is cool :burnout:

I used to autoX at North Hills alot, but haven’t done it for a while. I wish I’d AutoX’d my '04 GTO before I got rid of it. How many more Sundays are they doing it this year? Still start around 9-10am? I’d like to make it out before the season is over.

I agree, especially if the engine turning the six speed has bores big enough to work on without banging my knuckles :yum: Just so we are on the same page, I have built dozens of big block engines, but only less than 10 of everything else combined.

http://www.nhscc.com/schedule.html

Hope you can make it. BTW, did you happen to run during 1999-2000? That is when I ran my black Impala SS, 37 ESP.

Welcome.

non opti lt1 FTW…

I had a Subaru 2.5RS around that time. It was black with black Koenig GTR wheels with a blue anodized lip. I ran it several times through a summer, I just don’t remember which summer. I had the car from Dec '98 to Mar '01. If I were to guess, I would say summer 2000.

I used to run ESP with my '78 Grand Prix. That was when the Chubal’s had the Red/Gray Saleen Mustang & they would always get 1st(him) & 2nd(her) place. Back then they didn’t know where to put the GP, so they went by a “new” GP specs & said since my '78 had a V8, I was ESP. Car had a 305 2bbl & fully stock suspension, 15" rally wheels (stock), with dual exhaust. Seems fair, a purpose built AutoX car (Saleen) with full adjustable race suspension, and me with a 1978 turd. I still had fun, though - even if I didn’t get into first place.

I’ve gotten several 1st place plaques from other vehicles I AutoX’d, so it didn’t really matter, anyway.

Yeah, that Delteq system really takes the stress out of owning an LTx engine. I have spent more than I care to admit on OptiSpark distributors in my life, and don’t intend to spend any more.

Hmm, I don’t remember either car, but I do remember the Chabel Saleen. Whenever they were running that, Sam Strano had the medium blue IROC and the Raffertys had both cars. No matter, we are all older now…not sure if I am any wiser, though :eek4:

At any rate, if it’s dry, I’ll be there.

welcome

welcome

please jion us in our other forums!