New Member, Here

Hi, I’m a noob to Pittspeed.

I am an autocrosser and road racer and basic info on my car can be found here:
http://www.americanironracing.com/profiles.php?profile=7
Though it is a little out-of-date.

I am currently competing in NASA’s Camaro-Mustang Challenge Series ( http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/ ) and have recently been nominated as Series Cordinator for this part of the US. I am also a NASA Lapping Day Instructor as well as a Beaver Run Track Instructor. If you ever see me at an event drop by and say “hi” (unless I am furiously working on the car and look pissed - I may not be myself).

My current car was in the August 2005 issue of Grassroots Motorsports and will appear in the February 2006 issue of Hot Rod Magazine.

I have owned the following cars (going backwards in time):
2001 Chevy Tahoe (current tow vehicle)
1993 GMC Conversion Van (tow vehicle - don’t laugh this was a fun car)
1995 Firebird Formula (current road race car)
1983 Monte Carlo SS. low mileage and mint (sold to buy a tow vehicle and trailer)
1998 Camaro Z28 (previous autocross/time trial car sold to local autocrosser and still runs most weekends)
1995 BMW 525i (current daily driver - slow but drives great)
1988 IROC-Z (first autocross car - I never should have sold that car)
1969 Camaro Coupe
1993 Rover 318TDi (when I lived in the UK)
1987 Austin Mini Park Lane Model (when I lived in the UK)
1993 Dodge Intrepid ES (turned me off of Chrysler products, maybe forever)
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2M6 (lots of memories. oh to be single again)
(I left out the uninteresting/embarrassing cars that I have owned. Well, most of them.)

Anyway, my bias is towards autocross and road racing. I’ve never been to the dragstrip other than to see national level events and I haven’t done that since the 1980’s.

I’d like to think that I know a little about suspension and brake systems for f-bodies, so if there are threads with this sort of information I will likely be able to contribute.

Welcome, there are lots of other f body guys on here!

Awesome introduction! Welcome to the site.

Welcome :beer:

Very cool stuff KeithO. Welcome to the site.

welcome

welcome

nice car, and welcome to the site!!!

Nice And Welcome

welcome nice intro

Welcome. I work with Ron Dodson and he has a picture in his office of him driving your car. Small world.

Is that a real Type R?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/283806663/283808864BnYgNg
I hear yellow corvettes are faster btw…

Hehe, yea Keith I think the F-bodys on here number into the hundreds.

onyx_rock - ask Ron about the “bastard black and red civics”.

welcome

welcome…sponsored by ramen noodles ??

I think that means he cant afford to eat because all of his money goes into cars.

welcome :slight_smile:

You got it. Five for a dollar.

BTW - I am hoping that I helped pollute Ron’s mind. …my goal is to convert some of you young 'ens one at a time. LOL!

To all of you f-body guys - come out and play! It gets a little lonely road racing/tracking f-bodies. Even stock, they can rip off some impressive lap times.

welcome

Welcome and whats that site u told me to go visit?