The end of an era?

http://www.wten.com/global/story.asp?s=13467771

ALBANY, N.Y. – Albany County now has a strong anti-cyberbullying law on the books.

The county legislature voted Monday night to approve the law, which makes cyberbullying a misdemeanor punishable by a $1,000 fine or a year in jail. It includes all forms of electronic harassment, including texting and phone spoofing, as well.

The law’s wording, which had been held up in committee, was recently strengthened so that those who are intent on hurting someone else will now be held accountable.

“We don’t want to encourage overuse of this by people who have an axe to grind,” legislator Phil Steck said Monday. “We want to really get to something that is serious and done for a malicious purpose.”

Legislator Brian Scavo said, “We need to protect our children, women and families from people who abuse the internet.”

It is hoped the county’s cyberbullying law will eventually become a statewide law.

Will shift be changed forever?

doesn’t sound like it should change shift, as most ball busting on here is just for fun, not to really cause harm.

i have an idea. if your kid is being picked on on the internet… unplug the internet.

OMG!!! PARENTING!!!

wow, we live in a world of pussies.

pretty much

Hide yo kids hide yo wife!

I hate lopez, but he was on lopez tonight last night… I thought he was a female

THIS! kids dont need the internets, theyre already fucked up enough

are you calling him gay? that’s cyber bulling mofo. you could be arrested now!:ahh

Buncha candy ass herbs if they cant take a little harassment

This still doesn’t fix the high rent issue.

I don’t see it affecting anything on here or any other forum. It’s more to protect kids. Plus nobody, but shift members give a damn about what goes on here.

So old fashion in you face bullying is fine then?

Parenting sucks these days b/c everyone is scared to hit their kids in fear of going to jail, so kids do whatever they want, I mean they just banned happy meals in SF b/c of an obesity problem the parents were crying about, here’s an idea why ban happy meals? Just stop taking your kid to fucking McD’s for every meal dumbasses.