The End of old school hot rodding

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62498

I know that this forum has alot more modern cars than old school,however I hope you can all agree with me that the senseless destruction of old car should not be left up to the government. I mean,they start by getting rid of the old cars then what? They make it against the law to modify a car. Sorry but this wont happen while Im around. I’d sonner tie Nancy pelosi to the back of the nova and drag her around the neighborhood, whilst gulping down a gallon of fuel every 2 blocks,listening to AC/DC, mullet in the breeze!!! This is our history they are screwing with so do me a favor.Write to Nancy,and
repost this wherever, send to everyone you know! let them bastards know we arent letting them get away with this shit anymore!!! first they regulate us…then they charge us up the ass for gas and now they want to take our hot rods away? fuck that!!!
Or you can do nothing and let the governmtent put us all in the Prius

they tried this before. hopefully it keeps getting shut down

:rofl: scrap is not worth anything. Isn’t congress off those days anyway ? :rofl:

You have to get it running first before making those kind of threats :rofl:

I am a member of SAN & I already sent my letter. I have also sent an email out to everyone in my address book, asking for some help in our hobby. I know they have tried this many times before, but with the economy in a slump, people will be looking everywhere for some extra $$.

I actually had you in mind when I posted this…there arent alot of us on here. I sent my little nugget off the Ms. pelosi. btw was putting the nova in the garage and dented the door…new door on its way from Cali.should be on by spring.

haha I dont understand scrap isnt worth much, people would be better off parting out majority of old cars that are actually worth something…

I do not really see how this is going to have a large impact either way.

If the car is worth the amount of money they are going to give you for it as scrap then its probably not going to be worth anything to an enthusiast. I can imagine a few parts will be salvageable from the cars. I don’t think that’s enough incentive for most owners to part it out instead of going after the tax money.

If you are an enthusiast, if sure your car will be worth more than they are willing to give you for it so you are going to keep it. I can understand it is making OE parts for your car a slight bit more rare but would that not be a good thing? I think with all the aftermarket companies out there most people will be just fine.

As misguided as this is of a way to spend our tax dollars, i think passing it or not is pretty much irrelevant to most.

I think you’re all overreacting. No one is going to scrap anything with any collector value.

People are going to scrap Corsicas, and rusted out old Accords, and fox bodies… Garbage cars. :wink:

Cool. It gonna be on the street next year?

Try buying a car that parts are not available at the local auto parts store, there is no dealer for them, and you cannot get them overseas. You know…Packards, Studebakers, DeSotos, etc…

I know with my GTO, there were a few parts that I had a tough time finding/buying and I have a car that the aftermarket supports pretty good. Same with Novas, Camaros & Chevelles. There are still a few parts that I need that are not reproduced & there is not enough demand for them to be reproduced (guys who have what I need want big $$ for mediocre quality parts - it’d be nice to have options). This is where these types of ‘junk’ cars come into play. Again, this is more of an issue for someone who owns something like a Kaiser or even a 37 Pontiac. It could affect all of us at some point as these cars get rarer.

See above. They are not targeting collector cars per se. They are targeting ‘old’ cars sitting behind peoples’ houses, be it a 4 door LTD or a rusted Camaro. If they make it lucrative enough for these people to scrap them, then people would rather scrap then help a collector out.

If they get away with this, then what other liberties will they take away in the future? I understand what you are saying about Corsicas, but someone out there is probably restoring one of those, too (4doors/5gears :rofl: ) and this will affect them too.

You guys may think we’re overreacting, but I want to protect my hobby. If you don’t care, then move on.

It sounds more like if we don’t agree with your point of view, we can move on. :slight_smile:

That works, too. :blue:

Todd,Ive had a few set backs but it will be on the street in the summer even if only n/a.

as for the others Im sure its hard to understand most cars nowadays are disposable but once you have owned a real muscle car,things like this a concerning.

That’s cool. Can’t wait to see it.

i got the same email from Brian at SEMA, asked to send Palosi a message, so I did. :cool:

this government is seriously a fucking joke…

for example: I have asthma, I have been getting the same emergency inhaler the past 16 years. they tried to pass a law a year ago to stop using this type of inhaler so they can switch to a different one that when it sprays it doesnt “hurt the ozone” and everyone flipped the fuck out because it does not work nearly as well as the current one.
So everything went good and they kept the old type on the market.
Now you can not find them anywhere and you have to buy this new kind that is safe for the ozone. 1. it doesnt work for shit 2. its double in cost…
I dont have precription coverage and I paid $26 for an inhaler, these new ones that the force you to switch to that dont for for shit cost me $58. If I ever feel that I need to use the inhaler its fucking cheaper for me to go to the ER for $25 then to buy one of these inhalers twice a month…

fuck the government!

you already have the option of scrapping your old cars so who cares if the government buys them or some scrap guy takes them its not going to force you to give up that antique rusted shit bucket

i’ll scrap my truck for anything more than $200. That includes the 390, the 4-spd and the 9" rear.

Already complained to Casey already, but will continue so they don’t “forget”

the difference is the scrap yard isnt forcing you to scrap your car were as the government would in some way be forcing you to scrap your car , either by law or just not being able to get those hard to parts. i sent a letter also. hopefully this never passes! imo

shaggy would just want a bottle of black velvet and a pack of newports :):hsdance: