The Everlasting "Who's going to LVD" Thread

hopeing to finally run my car next wensday

F uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

anyone happen to know what the SFI requirement needed for the driving jacket??

and I’m changing the thread title again

Just order one from Summit and youll be set

I think you should just take the date out of the title

It works though, its nice to go to the same thread, rather than make a new one evey weds and every sat.

Anyone planning on going this sat, the 26th, like the title says?

I plan on it but theres different levels of SFI rating.

I like the way this one looks

Possibly may go up

jason you planning on running sat to, dam now i have to go… i guess ill just have to set the boost as i go haha

It’s not looking too good considering I need a fire jacket and they aren’t going to be in on time :frowning:

Wrap yourself in aluminum foil, problem solved

See if some one local has one. I know Ray does but I dont think his jacket will fit you

10.00 to 13.99 ET; all E.T. non-OEM supercharged, non-OEM turbocharged, or nitrous-equipped cars with an OEM or .024-inch steel firewall: Jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/1 mandatory.

10.00 to 13.99 ET; all E.T. supercharged, turbocharged, or nitrous-equipped cars without a full OEM or .024-inch steel firewall: Jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/5 and gloves meeting SFI Spec 3.3/1 mandatory.

The spec 3.2A/1 is a single layer jacket. I suspect that is what you are going to need.

Just keep in mind…the increasing last digit indicates an increase in the length of time you will be protected by your firesuit before it succumbs to the flames.

3.2A/1 gives 3 seconds until a second degree burn
3.2A/3 gives 7 seconds
3.2A/5 gives 10 seconds
3.2A/10 gives 19 seconds
3.2A/15 gives 30 seconds
3.2A/20 gives 40 seconds

Also SFI Rating does NOT represent the number of fabric layers in the garment.

I understand the rating, just wanted to make sure the one I had picked out would be sufficient

I need an XL or so fire jacket, so I guess I’ll see if anyone local has one

I think id wanna be protected for more then 3 seconds

I dont plan on staying in the car if I see smoke lol

Oh yeah, when I have to buy one Im geting a higher rating, despite the price increase.

Theres alot of things ya dont plan for, but shit happens. Id rather have the few extra seconds to get my ass out!

I plan on buying a full suit once I get my 10 sec license, which is probably next year