the gov at its best yet again

Illinois State Senate

Internet Posting Removal Act

“Provides that a web site administrator shall, upon request (by the Illinois government)*, remove
any posted comments posted by an anonymous poster unless the anonymous
poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that
his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate.
Effective 90 days after becoming law.”

*() - Added

“Anonymous Poster” means “any individual who posts a message on a web
site including social networks, blogs, forums, message boards, or any
other discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of
posted messages.”

http://www.secretsof…your-head-spin/

Governments looking to remove internet anonymity coming up again.

I think this is a gross overstepping and violation of the 4th Amendment.

“…secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects…” surely applies to information posted online.

The intent is to have warrantless information of a person Prima Facie of an actual crime.

This is akin to having to wear a big sign in public stating your personal info.

It also opens the door for countless abuses by administrators and governments.

Thoughts???

probably has alot to do with the sluts getting their nudes “stolen” and posted up on ugotposted.com and the old isanyoneup.com and not having a good way to demand they are taken off.

dumb sluts

its upon request, and says Shall… as in to me still sounds like its the administrators dicresssion to follow the request. but I am sure there will be penalties if they dont.

It also mean there has to be a complant form, process, and some schmucks job to surf around, find the comment, find the admin, contact the admin, give them there orders, I am sure there is a turnaround time for that request…

All the while, people right click SAVE AS the nudes posted from the dumb bitch complaining about it and they are never going to stay offline.

It aint going to help everyone, and I dont see how it will be any vast improvement for our “online life”.

it’s a law that isn’t needed and i agree a gross overstep of boundaries. That right there is reason enough to do everything to fight it. Just one other form of government censorship that allows them control of what you see and read. It’s bad enough they run the media already.

no law is needed imo. i agree with your posts. but remember when pitman said we as people dont need laws. we need morals. i posted a bunch of times about that.

they run media, they teach your kids in school, they teach your kids in college, they control too much imo.

Morals are laws just without enforcement or fine or motivation to follow, and morals are useless because they aren’t universal. What’s moral for one person is immoral for the other. Everybody makes their own.

Was this bill something that passed or merely drafted up and proposed?

If it’s the latter then this is nothing new, ridiculous bills get drafted every day everywhere just so it seems like they are doing their job, most of the time they don’t expect and they don’t get anwhere.

Every amendment is under attack, as the consitution has been for years. Only the brazen Obama generation has attacked the amendments so strongly.

You will, probably within 20 years, hear for open attacks, and by many, on the this “living document” as just to toss her out and start over.