The impossible texting & driving test

:crackup

This test is stupid though. One thing I noticed is that these tools don’t look up for 5 seconds at a time.

I, personally, will admit to texting while driving. But guess what? I f’in memorized my phone (yes, even the digital keyboard for the most part) and can usually text while only glancing down for split seconds. Not to mention I am aware of my surroundings. Say on the highway…I know the locations of all the cars around me because I’m CONSTANTLY scanning my mirrors. That’s what allows for quick lane changes where you have to ‘squeeze’. You just have to know where everyone is. If a driver is that easily distracted and forgets where crap around them is…removing texting from their environment will do NOTHING. It will be replaced my something else, say, day dreaming.

:facepalm

Driving and eating, drinking a McDonalds fountain drink or your favorite snapple, changing the radio station, finding a song on your iPod, texting, calling someone isn’t as hard as the media makes it seems. HOWEVER, because 6 out of 10 people are retarded…it’s a problem.

How come talking to a passenger while driving is considered ‘fine’, but talking to someone who’s not in your car (via phone call) is highly illegal? You’re still thinking of the conversation while driving…what is the difference?

Does it cause accidents? I’m sure. But people have crashed their cars while trying to kill an insect. Bad drivers will be bad drivers.

The government is just using the statistics to create new fines and create new revenue that does NOTHING to curb the results. This is almost as stupid as the tint laws which are in place for police officer safety. BS, it’s for makin money and nothing but money.

/rant…if you disagree, cool story bro.