the "kill time at work" website directory

title should explain it all, start listing off any general interest sites you guys visit to kill time

ie:

www.video.google.com
www.streetfire.net

add anything you can think of, vid sites, joke sites, online games etc etc

www.wnytrucks.com
www.autotrader.com
www.ebay.com (thats a dangerous one for me haha)

www.badjocks.com

www.1980-games.com - NES, and arcade games right at work
www.nyspeed.com - Best forum ever!
www.woot.com - Oddest single item shopping site
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com -The best page ever. Period
www.tercelonline.com - $2000 JDM swap to run 16s at 113WHP. Totally worth it.

forums, aim, and personal email are blocked at my office for security reasons, and internet usage is tracked, so i generally just read the news on reuters.com, wsj.com, and buffalonews.com.

actually i dont have much, if any time to waste during the day…

killsometime.com

boredatwork.com
askaninja.com
homestarrunner.com
drmcninja.com
illwillpress.com

SkunkApe used to go to www.youngboysandoldmen.com . I think he is an admin on that site and spends a lot of time there.

:rofl:

I’ve been spending a lot of time following the coup in Fiji on cnn.com

I should really spend more time on tomshardware.com. All though college I was on top of the latest hardware and could tell you at the drop of a hat what proc/mobo/video card/hard drive was best for your goals. Now I’m clueless. I’d have to study for a week if I were to build a new computer. I hear they have processors with 64 bit registers now? Someone, who I think was full of shit, even told me you can install winblows on a Mac!

www.tccoa.com
www.nyspeed.com

www.drudgereport.com

www.modulardepot.com

www.SniffDrDoSswebtraffic.com :wink: hours of fun

true story and it’s endorsed by apple. but only on the core 2 duo processor computers.

^That’d be kind of like getting excited that I could put a QR25 in my Jetta… :cjerk:

a nissan motor in your VW isn’t the same as windows on apple…or maybe it is. lol

it’s beneficial for certain things…like backing up your pocket PC if you’ve never heard of markspace. it’s also nice for certain programs like Office.

Depends what you like but my routine when I was working fulltime was like this:
All forums btw

Morning:
buffaloscooby.com
roclife.org

nyspeed

controlledlabsforum.com
forums.thecarlounge.net

Afternoon:
thegearpage.net
forum.grailtone.com
forums.Birdsandmoons.com
tdpri.com
forum.nasioc.com
harmonycentral forums
popurls.com

theres a whole bunch of other random sites but those were the staples…

Christ,

I know exactly what its like.

You get X amount of work to do per week.

You complete said work by monday afternoon, or tuesday morning.

Here it is wednesday, your boss comes by to say “good job this week”.

Wednesday, thursday, and friday you spend reading forums and paying your bills online.

Nobody comes to your office wednesday, thursday, or friday.

You think of it as a treat to walk through the office to the bathroom to breakup the monotony.

Here it is friday at noon, your putting off taking your lunch but your starving. You keep saying to yourself, if i hold off until 1pm, I don’t have to come back until 2pm, and 2pm is closer to 5pm than 1pm is.

Friday at 455, your boss walks in. “We are having a meeting”. Oh great, you couldn’t have had this meeting even ten minutes earlier? I think to myself. We are all kept 10 minutes after 5 on a friday due to said meeting, unpaid of course.

Ebaumsworld.com

hahahaha I always try to push lunch off as late as I can.

It’s almost guaranteed that if you are having a slow afternoon and you are just trying to look busy (or not trying), that it will be time for an impromptu meeting right before 5. I’m never usually out of the office before 6 or 7 around this time of the year, but its those days when you are all set to bounce on time that this shit happens lol.