The Natives Are Restless [Building Their Own Thruway Ramp]

http://media.giphy.com/media/B7rSOm4rNnKCs/giphy.gif

Lol.

Well, isn’t it good for you that you don’t live in WNY…

If only the tribes were as serious about battling alcoholism as they are about getting mascot and island names changed…

ZING!

But true.

BUMP!

A Guy Might Be Building His Own Ramp Off The New York State Thruway

A lawyer for White, though, told WGRV that his client “believes there is no valid easement that the Thruway has over sovereign territory.”

• Updated - - -

Actually this isn’t the thread I wanted to bump, I was looking for the tire fire thread, lol.

Well this is obviously part of a broader strategy. Seneca’s sue the state. Gotta give them credit for creativity though.

Lawyers for the Seneca Nation of Indians sued New York State on Thursday, charging that the state broke federal laws more than 60 years ago when it built a 2.7-mile section of the Thruway through Seneca territory in southern Erie County.

The lawsuit filed in Buffalo’s federal court demands that the state compensate the Senecas for its use of the land, and it also seeks to stop the state from collecting tolls on the Seneca’s Cattaraugus Territory near Irving.

Redskins.

I wonder how they’d collect tolls, or if they’d make it free… probably not free, lol.

I don’t assume that it will be an exit… The media is calling it an exit and White has not really commented. My guess is he will make it a rest-stop type of deal where he can sell gas and cigarettes.

Ahh that does make more sense. And it’s a much better idea too. My thought with the exit was they were tying it to the millions of dollars in “tolls” they’re “owed” for people crossing their land, and that they’d try to make up for it by collecting at that point on the reservation.