The only 4G Eclipse i would buy

Bigtime fan. I think it looks awesome. Big downside is that it is prolly heavy as hell. i mean, the production 4g is what, 3300lbs? The AWD would likely have it tipping the scales at 3600+lbs.

The Eclipse was most successful when it was a DSM. When they offered it in base, non-turbo FWD, Turbo FWD, and the premium AWD Turbo. You can still appease the die hards while making up big sales on the base models.

I personally would take the eclipse over an EVO, if they were available in similar AWD 4g63 packages, if I was looking to buy new.

prob is that usualy, dealers make little money on base models, enough so that they dont like to stock them

when it comes down to it, every extra option on a car is something more to come in for warranty, get sold thru parts dept after the warranty is up, or get replaced from a wreck … and all that extra money adds up

but i would LOVE to see a “stripper” model, no options, light weight seats, minimal insulation, thin carpet, thin glass, aluminium parts where it can be done …

that would be hot, but car makers havent realy gotten back to that trend … hopefully its gonna come back soon

wow i’d def. rock one of these if they came out.

i’d rock it fo’ sho… if it wasn’t a mitsu

I wish that they made the EVO in a coupe. The sedan isnt bad but The back is just boring. I love the way that they make the front ends look but I think the sides and back are just too plain.