The PINKs Project

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/pinkssponsers.jpg

For weeks now people have been asking about the Pinks Project. While we got our ducks in a row we gave you the information that we were using my car for the Pinks Show… Do you think I am crazy? I worked on it all winter long, no way was I giving it up!

Currently, we have assembled a build team and started working on the car. Key donations have helped the project move along, but we are going to need everyones help to make this project a complete success. I have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help everyone understand what we are doing. Feel free to ask questions if I did not cover them. Thanks.

FAQ

Question: What car will you be using for the pink project?
Answer: A Nissan 240sx was donated by Jay from Hybridynamics.

Question: What will be powering this 240sx?
Answer: Brian from JJ’s donated a LS1 to power the Pinks 240sx.

Question: Who is building the car?
Answer: The car is being built collectively by a few local shops. Domination Chassis, First Try Engineering, Hybridynamics and JJ’s Automotive.

Question: What does Pittspeed have to do with the project?
Answer: Pittspeed will be used as a central repository for the shops building the car. Also Pittspeed will help with the acquisition of sponsors and media promotion.

Question: Who gets the cars if the team wins?
Answer: The cars will be auctioned off and sold on Ebay. All funds will be donated to charity. Each shop will get to pick a charity to donate a percentage of the funds,

Question: How can I help the Pinks project?
Answer: Donations will be taken via Paypal to help offset some of the expenses of the project. Please send all Paypal Donations to pinksdonations@pittspeed.com

Question: Can I come to the taping of Pinks?
Answer: Yes, the more support the better. You are responsible for making all arrangements.

Question: When is the taping of Pinks?
Answer: The taping will occur around the end of July 2006.

Question: When will the episode air?
Answer: This is entirely up to the Pinks Staff.

SPY SHOTS

While Jay was out I snuck in and took some spy shots of the 240sx being built for pinks! This does not look like your typical import anymore!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Jaycoop/shoppotos1363.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Jaycoop/shoppotos1360.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Jaycoop/shoppotos1358.jpg

Jesus… wtf you planning on doing, flipping that thing?

Looking Awesome Jay!

how bout window tint can i donate that?
I know its not much, and as we all know
window tint of 5%= 48.34215% increase of overall power…

Actually, im just thimking if the rear 3 were black then the stickers placed on the windows would stand out, and also would help to hide the NoS tanks.

Good luck guys great cause, if you think i can be of ANY assistance please feel free to contact me.

Also please remember Make A Wish when makeing your donations, they brought alot of life back to a few kids in my family and very close to me after being diagnost with cancer.

:bigthumb:

Holy freakin hell!!!

can’t wait to see this

atleast its safe

Can I donate my driving skills and be the driver?

Where is this going to be filmed? I too would volunteer my driving skills.

Thanks for the offer, but I believe Jay from Hybridynamics will be driving the car.

The show will be filmed at MIR which is located right outside of Baltimore.

I may be interested in donation of some money for my company to put a small logo somewhere on the car?

If this is a possibility, let me know.

This is a possibility I am working on the sponsorship documents now.

thanks

Whitey That sweet… can’t wait to go see it run… where ever it is Im going…

MIR

he knows nothing of the almighty LS1 :booty:

quik should drive, we all know that skinny little fucker is the greatest driver in the world.:kekegay:

damn i cant wait to see that thing, i hope i can make it out to see it run

yinz got my support!!

Quik : The Ultimate Driving Machine, hahahahah what a great quote that was.

oh no, now that this is out, that means i’m gonna see my parents again right?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wackit: :kekegay: