The Prius outsold the Ford Focus 2007

That C30 is sweet. I def wouldn’t mind rolling around in that for my dd

Fixed that for you.

Scion : Toyota as Pontiac : Chevrolet.

:fyi:

working at a yota dealership…every prius I saw was upwards of $24K.

I thought it would be:

Scion : Toyota as Pontiac : GM

and Al Gore’s son can roll his prius in the fast lane anytime he wants :smiley: :

Negative.

Scion & Toyota (brand, not company) are seperate brands.

Its more like: Lincoln : Ford (brand, not company).

Easier?

Toyota owns Lexus and Scion

Chevrolet does not own Pontiac

GM owns Pontiac, Chevrolet etc.

right?

what you’re saying would be the same as lexus owns scion

toyota does own scion

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota\

Toyota owns and operates Toyota, Lexus, Scion, has a majority shareholding in Daihatsu Motors [6], and has minority shareholdings in Fuji Heavy Industries, Isuzu Motors, and the engine, motor cycle and marine craft manufacturer Yamaha Motors.

okay, in relation to these rankings & this thread, how about this:

Toyota is sold & marketed as it’s own brand.
So is Scion.
So is Lexus.
So is Chevrolet.
So is Pontiac, Olds, GMC, etc etc.

The top brand rankings are relative to brands, not companies.

So, the Toyota brand (vehicles with Toyota nameplates, not Lexus, Scion, etc) is #2 behind the Chevrolet brand (vehicles with Bowties on them).

I don’t find that the prius is above the focus in sales. If your gonna buy a new car, why would you not spend a few more bucks so that you can 1. get the tax rebates on the hybrid vehicle and 2. save money in gas. Personally I am a big truck, HP car guy. In hs my car got maybe 6 miles per gallon (377, 3,800 stall, 750 DP with big pumps, and 4:56) even then if i didn’t work at a gas station (and borrowed gas) i would NEVER be able to drive that thing, that was in 1998. Now flash forward to now, I can’t afford to drive my truck, except when i have a need. And my next car after this winter beater of mine dies, will for sure be a tiny focus or similar. A car is for commuting, and as cheaply as possible. If the prius is cheaper to drive, then people will buy it, simple as that.

FYI. The C30 doesn’t share the same chassis as USDM focus.
C30 shares the same chassis as the mazda3

…and both share a chassis with the euro focus, I think thats what was meant.

I do find it pretty surprising, I would never drive a prius but on the other hand hybrids are all the rage and the focus is an aging platform with not much going on in 2007. The new 08 is not much better.

i actually love the prius.

Of course, the argument on Toyota’s side is to include Scions… as Scions are only sold at Toyota dealers. There’s no such thing as a Scion dealer (yet).

That would be like saying a PBG (Pontiac Buick GMC) store is one brand because they are all under the same roof.
Also, there are 50+ standalone Scion stores (they are owned by Toyota dealers as well), but have a separate buildings and operations.