Toyota....

…sucks.

Before anyone posts about them beating GM for the first half of the year. My uncle is quite happy, however I am not.

Aren’t the totals way down for every maker?
It is getting kind of scarey because this could make the economy even worse.

Yes, but you-know-who will be picking up the slack in a couple of years.

^Let the record show - I didn’t say it!:lol:

Just as Germany isn’t BMW’s largest market; the American automakers, as well as the rest of the world, are looking to another country for fertile new grounds.

Not for Honda. The civic was the best selling vehicle in the US in June? or was it May… dethroning the F150 after who knows how many years.
I was reading in automotive news that even bankruptcy isnt out of the question for GM. They need to step up to the plate and introduce more quality European fuel efficient small cars to market ASAP.

^But, is that because the F150 isn’t selling?
Your sales can be down but if they are down less than others you the leader with less sales.
I know that sounds confusing but…

AWD is saying that sales of Civics and F150’s may both be down; just sales of F150’s are down a far greater number, making Civic no.1

Word F series sales are down and Civic sales are up. Honda is ahead for the year overall compared to 2007. I just checked Honda sold 53,xxx civics in may and was the highest just ahead of corolla/matrix at 52,xxx. Ford sold 42,xxx F series pickups (not just the F150). The June leader was the corolla/matrix. The camry has a good chance of beating out the F series for most units sold in a year this year… F series has been the top selling nameplate since 1977.
People want fuel efficient cars not trucks and SUVs. GM Ford and especially Chrysler are all hurting.

Now they are scrambling to convert their production.
I am thinking the big three have the oldest plants that are not condusive to quick changeover.

Really happy to see full sized truck sales down. It would be great to see that 5-10% of the population that actually needs a full sized truck have them and all these people that don’t go back to cars.

Sucks for GM who bet the future on full sized vehicles by dumping all that money into the redesign of the Silverado/Tahoe platform, but that’s what happens when you don’t properly judge forecasting models.

Toyota sucks because they are beating GM or because their vehicles actually suck? I wouldn’t be surprised if their vehicles actually DO suck since most of what’s sold in this country is also MADE in this country.

That’s a huge problem right there. If they would have adopted the foundation of lean manufacturing in the first place, this wouldn’t have been nearly as much of an issue.

How about a Basil of Stockholm?I’ll even run it for ya

It was a lot easier for the big 3 to continue their wasteful spending when they were selling 35-40k SUVs and trucks with massive markup. Now that people want 12-18k cars with a much smaller markup the union costs are killing them.

care to elaborate?

both my Toyota’s are far better cars than any other i’ve owned…domestic or import.

then again they were both assembled in Japan

Which Toyota’s have you owned?

I feel that GM is finally starting to recognize their mistakes and take steps in the right direction. I don’t think that they will go bankrupt.

Maybe what they need to do is consolidate their efforts and sell off a few more lines. Thank god hummer is going. Who needs Buick when theres Cadillac. GMC Trucks = Chevy trucks, kill the badges. and just keep it simple.

I have a 2005 tC and a 1994 Camry.

I’ve also owned vehicles made by Chevy, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Ford, Dodge, Chrysler and Nissan.

I’m not debating that GM or any other manufacturer has or has not improved their product. I’m just saying I don’t see how Toyota sucks…

Civic was the best selling car in May. In June the Corolla outsold the civic. The numbers would have been much higher, but the demand for a Corolla is much higher and Toyota hasn’t been able to produce enough. You’re looking at a one to two month wait, just to test drive a Corolla. You’re looking at a 6 month to a year wait on a Prius. Toyota is going to halt production on its Tundra’s and start using the halted plants to produce Corollas.

^Oh I wasn’t arguing your point at all. I was just curious.

Toyota sucks to TORQSS because his business is a few GM car dealerships. Therefore, when Toyota rocks, they suck. Get it?