The ultimate sleeper car: 728-hp Toyota Camry

A sleeper is any vehicle that appears to be slow, but is hiding an evil secret in its engine bay. Sleepers are scintillating machines that prove time and skill (and money) can turn a garden variety family sedan or station wagon into a street rocket ready to tackle those with far more cash to burn.

Take this Toyota Camry, for example - it just received a new lease on life courtesy of Canadian tuner Dynamotorsports. Under the hood sits a 3.0-liter V6 engine fitted with custom intake and exhaust manifolds, a big ol’ HKS turbo and a whole lot of boost. The end result: a Camry that puts down 728 horsepower - at the wheels.

We imagine that mashing the gas results in a display of torque steer that would make Hercules weep as his arms thrash from side to side. Still, this is one Camry we would love to spend some time with, if only for a good laugh.

pretty redic but can’t imagine it will last that long revving to 8k like that unless they did some SRS stuff inside.

Not much cooler than a ludicrously fast car made out of one that has absolutely no right being quick.

Sleepers. It’s what ate you for dinner.

ya, its insanely fast but meh its camry loll

A few years ago I was passed by Tony driving this car on highway 7.
It sounded as if there was a jet plane beside me and I couldn’t even tell what passed me until we came to a red light.

to make 700+ believe me there arent that many factory parts on or in that engine

Best sleeper i’ve ever seen was at H20 last year(big Audi/Vw show in ocean city)

The car was a ratty looking beat to fuck Saturn SL2 I think, ya know one of those shit boxes. As a joke the guy turbo’d the fuck out of it to somewhere around 400whp and would pull up to anyone and say let’s go outside of town and roll race. Naturally everyone would say yes thinking it would be an easy victory. If not he would heckle them saying “afraid of loosing to a Saturn??”

That guy embarrassed lots of people, not just audis and vw’s, I heard he pulled on some modded
Evos, sti’s, hondas and a turbo miata too.

If only it wasn’t a Toyota Camry. :tdown:

OMG lol!! kisho u would post this.

and i think sashan would love it.

728 useless fwd horsepower until you’re going 80+mph

That car should have no problem going faster than 80 :slight_smile:

well the speedo will show you 80+ but I dont know if its going to be GOING anywhere fast lol

Saw this car last friday near 16th and jane, I new something was up when I saw the wheels, then the intercooler…

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8218/img2175ss.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is this Tony the Tiger?

I remember when he had his supercharged Camry, I think this was it…

I have always thought this would be good for a V6 Accord or Maxima…

Except, there would be a matching drive train in the trunk… 1456 AWHP.

tony the tiger, he has quite a few impressive cars

Yes, it’s Tony’s from DynaMotorsports Tuning. He also has a 1000+whp stock block mk4 supra, 650+whp integra, and some other crazy rides. He doesn’t fuck around.

He’s also the guy who tuned my car :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.dynamotorsports.ca/main.htm

Nice. Next project should be to put that drivetrain into a Previa.

in the end, you still have a camry.