sleeper cars

i think by now people that know about cars are to expect anything. i say this because these guys on another board are all hot on wagons… I’m like everyone had done sleepers by now so its not like ur gonna surprise anyone when you pull up and the cam is lopping like crazy. all you got is a fast ugly wagon… thats beat… i dunno rather have a fast nice lookin car, tell people whats in it and beat them anyway…

I drove around without any z28 emblems on my car and a single outlet exhaust so my car looked like a v-6.

I almost went as far as putting rs emblems on it and an rs body kit…

does that count as a sleeper?

Grocery getter that runs 12’s=sleeper LMAO

Sleepers can be fun. They are fun to take out. My civic hatch looked like a rice turd but would definately put a look on some people faces when you run them down with it. Not my cup of tea, but some can’t afford all at once, or their priorities are different.

Different Strokes for different folks.

Edit: I would rather see a sleeper, than a “muscle car” than runs 15’s cough cough

Ford Taurus SHO is a sleeper. Not any Fbody or mustang.

chebbie regular cab silverados 2wd 4.8L 5.3L are sleepers

GVR4s can be good sleepers. Not as well known as the DSM, but just as easily modded. I don’t think the younger kids really know about them either.

I think a beat looking sleeper is pretty dumb. Now a clean unit, that is highly modded, but very subtle externally, that’s where it’s at.

Speaking of which, my dad has a 4.8, and it runs really well, are there some “easy” upgrades I can do? Heads/TB/intake from it’s big brothers?

I might have to chime in here. I have had people not even want to race me because how my car looked. At flashlight drags and on the street.The look that you get when you beat a “faster looking” car then your is great…The comments are better
wife of prostreet ranger guy “hunny you got beat by a weed wacker”
some guy with mach1 stang “I spent 28 grand on this thing and you keep beating me”

When i race at the track My girl friend tells me people say “look at this hunk” then i roll and go 11.00’s and there like damn…

Its not like I try for the sleeper thing i just dont care…
right now im rolling around a teal hatch with a orange front bumper…is it fast? sorta? 12.50s no problem on 7psi would you consider it a sleeper? thats your call

sleepers are sweet

I would like to see a truck with a plow run 11s all day long.

why are u like obsessed with plow trucks?

i agree with cutty

i remember my buddy getting yanked on in his 12.8 sec dsm by a turbo diesel truck hahaha, didn’t expect that one.

i got 2 factory sleepers

V8 SHO

and the Sycloene

V8 sho’s are turds

X3

Nothing better/////

x99875955376

i agree 100%

i worked on a diesel truck today. huge dodge with 6" smoke stacks coming out of the bed and a gigantic steel bumper. the guy showed me a dyno sheet from somewhere 783 hp 900something foot pounds. he left behind a pile of his meaty mickey thompsons

I get what your saying,

if you have a fast piece of shit… you still have a piece of shit
but when all you can afford is a peice of shit you might as well make it fast before you make it nice.

some poeple go for the, look at the pos that just blew your doors off effect

I like sleepers because they are actually obtainable for me