May '08 European Car Mag: Top 10 Sleepers

May '08 European Car Mag: Top 10 Sleepers
one of the 10 Saab 9-3 Viggen

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Jellis0fme/attachment.jpg

that is all :devillook

Where’s the rest of them? :confused

in the magazine of course

is the RS4/RS6 avant in there?

Since when is a car that does 0-60 in the mid 6 second range a sleeper?

Oh shit its in a magazine it MUST be true

uhhh… cuz it looks slow

I’m not one to preach specs, but a car that runs at 15.0 1/4 mile is slow by todays standards.

a car that runs 15 flat for bone stock is very decent. a 24v vr6 spd barely does that, 1.8t’s barely do that as well. Whats the new mustang GT run, 14.7? I think its respectable, and they did say “sleeper”. You see an STi/EVO/any SRT model and you know its got balls…I see a saab and i think oh great another ugly turbo’d saab…Then again what do i know i drive a 20sec jetta, 0-60 in probally 15 seconds

well if the car looks like it runs 18 then thats one hell of a sleeper

New Mustang GT’s run high-13’s out of the box, like I said by todays standards its not fast. My 07 Infiniti ran high-13’s stock and it looked like a normal car to 98% of the population and I didn’t think it was a sleeper.

My girls 95 sunfire, is a sleeper, is sooo fast for that .4L …SIKE!

but seriously, just because people get a civic and put on a intake, or for that matter any car, they think its fast. Sleeper are best described as a normal looking car with a high output. …like joeys car on full nos… :lol

a g35 is not a sleeper since it’s marketed as a sports sedan and everyone knows they are reasonably quick.

being a sleeper and a fast car are completely different. I don’t think the viggen specs make it fast at all. A sleeper? sure, why not.

+1 just a lil heavyer than the 350 but still as fast with same motor

Using your logic the Viggen is marketed as a sports saab so it wouldn’t be a sleeper either. There is not an enthusiast out there who is into cars that doesn’t know what a Viggen is.

Why not? Because its not fast. How can a car be slow and a sleeper? I guess that means everyone’s winter beaters are sleepers, in fact all cars that don’t look fast would qualify.

I also clearly said the infiniti was NOT a sleeper, but still considerably faster then the “sleeper” we are discussing.

oh wow i didnt know the new mustangs ran high 13s, i was always told they ran best at mid 14s. This explains why that mustang gt was roughly 1.5 cars behind my dad when his car was bone stock (06 300c srt8, 13.4@106 stock) I just thought my dad was having a bad day ha.

Personally a sleeper is that civic in the budget build. Everything hidden, to the untrained eye even w. the hood popped you have no idea its turbo.

probably more than half the people on this forum or in the car modding hobby has a car that wasnt a 15 second car stock so I can say that 14.5 is reasonably quick and would rival a 350Z/G35 or a Mustang GT with a little modding. Sleeper? I say yes

^ bump ;D

umm… I’ve been a car lover and in “the scene” (whatever that means) for over 5 years and I never heard of a viggen until I got on here.

with your logic, a sleeper has to be fast, which is completely false. It just has to be faster than it looks. To the untrained eye, the viggen looks like a normal Saab. And if normal saabs run 18 second 1/4s than this similar looking saab is DEF a sleeper. All a sleeper has to do is be much faster than it looks. Sleepers do not have to fall under a certain time to be considered a sleeper.

I do agree that the viggen shouldn’t be the #1 sleeper. Hell, if I made a top ten list, it woudn’t even be on it.

wow… I’m tired of saying “sleeper”

its not number 1 its in theh “top 10