Thoughts of dying seats.

So theres seats on here FS that are relatively cheap. downside is they are the gayest yellow evAr. i’m considering getting them and dying them black. anyone have any experience doing this? I’m curious as to how they’ll look.

if anyone has done it how does it come out? if it won’t come out good i wont buy them.

any input is greatly appreciated.

cloth i assume?

yes sir. they’re corbeau fixed backs.

key is to use some high quality (read expensive) dye. If its ever humid out, you sweat, or they get wet you dont want a seat pattered transferred on your ass.
I havent done this yet but research before you jump into it.

Good point. maybe just buying new black seats would be a better idea?

Thanks for the common sense i seem to be lacking :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: np. Happens if you spend too much time trying to understand nyspeed ppl

good repro seats are mad cheap nowadays. No sense in fucking around and making a project.

I feel ya on the understanding nyspeed people lol.

I’m unsure of which seats i wanna go with. i’d like sparco just because they’re sparcos but for the price of 2 of em they can go fuck themselves.

I can pretty much promise you the dye WILL leak through on you in hot/humid/sweaty/wet weather, ruining a lot of your clothes. Don’t bother.

i dyed my baby blue racing seats black. i used duplicolors aerosol fabric dye. since it was a drastic color change, it took 5 coats. it covered well, the only downside is that the fabric is a bit scratchy. i used them for the last 1/4 of the summer and the dye never came off on my khaki shorts or white shirts, and i sweat quite a bit in that car on a long drive because of no a/c. on the other hand i have dyed a few pieces of the stock interior that was a darker navy and since the color only changed a bit, 2 coats was fine and that material didn’t get scratchy. there is no way around the material getting scratchy either, i tried rubbing the wet paint in with a rag, i tried cleaning it after it was dry, nothing you can do. i didn’t put the paint on too heavy either, they were 5 light to medium coats, and it took about 3 cans per seat… i’ve got them in my basement if you want to come check them out. i’ll be putting them up for sale soon, so i cleaned them a few days ago.