Ticket

Racecar indeed. Yesterday I used launch control in front of the airport on that long straight while the light was red. The guy next to me in his minivan took off before the light turned green :rofl Everyone started honking at him then the light changed and the racecar left a big gray cloud of burned rubber and unburnt gas for everyone to suck into their HVACs

Hahaha that’s beautiful

they impounded my friend’s bike twice in NYC for no mirrors. kid still hasn’t put them on lol.

me, I need my mirrors. I’m always scared of someone running into the back of me.

Yes they can give you shit for that. Obstruction of the license plate. Same concept as a tinted cover, or even a “dealer” plate cover/ring thing.

Nothing is allowed to be affixed to or over the license plate.

Take a thin stripe of that reflective tape hell even 1/2" X 4" would do, and put it on the plate bracket, JUST above or bellow the plate itself. Then your legal.

Honestly chances are he got you primarilily for the mirrors, not the reflector… much easier to spot.

hmm… Just got a ticket for no reflector on my plate… guy was the biggest “out of the academy” tool i have ever seen. Thought he was gunna pull me for the m4 but nope.

Is your taillight red? U can fight that ticket if u read right on the Trooper website for nys it says Reflector**
One red reflector must be displayed to the rear of the vehicle (may be a part of the tail lamp).

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Publications/Traffic_Safety/Required_Motorcycle_Equipment.cfm

That is only true if a section of that tail light actually reflects light and is intended to serve as a reflector.

Looks like the cops finally wise up and use the red reflector regulation to pull people over. Pretty much anyone who have the OEM license plate hanger removed will be an automatic violation. This is easy picking as a reason to pull you over and then take a good look at your bike while you are stationary and give you a bigger ticket if there is anything else.

I took that reflective tape it put it between my gsxr taillight there is a piece of plastic that runs between the light and I wrapped it with the tape do u think this is will be sufficient rocket?

No all cops do not suck, but ones that harass motorcycle riders do. Some cops harass riders just to harass them, but most dont. If im being an asshole and speeding by all means pull me over and ticket me but dont use some bullshit law to pull me over and check everything out. i can understand if a headlight or tail light is out but come on.