*Tiger Direct Deals!*

I purchase all of my computer & networking equipment from Tiger Direct so I get about a million emails with some really good deals. I decided to post them up here since there are usually some people looking for good deals on computer equipment.

$179 Acer 22" LCD after $50 mail in rebate…Sale ends 9/8
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2430647&sku=A179-2204&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1448BY

Plextor 18x Internal DVD Burner $39 after $30 mail in rebate
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2978631&sku=P67-1298&SRCCODE=WEBBP263

500GB Iomega External Hard Drive $119
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2978631&sku=P67-1298&SRCCODE=WEBBP263

I am going for the flat screen for sure!

www.woot.com has some good deals too. also fatwallet.com a lot of tiger stuff is refurbed

good lookin out. i know tiger is mostly refurbed but i’ve never had a prob with anything i got from them…knock on wood

also try dealnews.com for sales on everything you can think of

tiger direct blows

dude, go smoke a pole :bj:

This is truth when compared to newegg. I buy all my stuff from there whether its personal or business related. If you like dealing with BS rebates tiger direct isn’t bad. But they need the rebates to keep on par with newegg’s everyday prices. Ship times from tiger direct are always a few days longer too.

i’ve never had a prob with tiger and it’s not like the rebates take all that long. as far as shipping i usually have the item within 3 biz days. for example i did purchase the 22" mon today and it’s expected delivery is the 11th. i’ll check out newegg next time.

I’ve never had a problem with either company and have spent thousands of dollars at both web sites over the years. Just stating that newegg has won in speed, price, and RMAs consistantly over those years. They are always the first place I look for equipment and usually the last. There have been times when I order early in the morning and get my stuff the next day without spending money on the extra shipping. Depends which warehouse it comes from.

x2

and FWIW I picked up a 22" Westinghouse LCD for $220 @ Best Buy in May. Cheaper than your deal, no waiting, no shipping, no MIR.

if you count the rebate mine is only 179.99 total

tigerdirect isn’t bad. I bought a barebones from them and all is well.

but fucking newegg is where it’s at. I order shit and it’s at my door no more than 36 hrs later in most cases.

stray from the Iomega drive, Used to work from the company, they use the shittiest parts known to man. Theres a reason its that cheap.

again… welcome to the internet… tiger direct blows.

when I bought my comp parts from there to build it 2 years ago. ALL PARTS but the harddrive were fried/not working. THEY WOULD NOT refund or exchange

I also NEVER got my $100 + back in rebates

Newegg > *

When I first started rebuilding computers (very late 90s) I used Pricewatch all the time. Kind of a brokerage for computer parts. Some companies are good, Newegg is on there alot, and some get really bad reviews.

Out of the 300 machines I rebuilt for the Army, I only had to send back 1 Intel processor that was DOA, along with 2 sticks of RAM. We tried to order from the same companies, but budget dictated going for the cheapest most of the time. Some places match prices but you have to call in.

Never ordered from TD, but Newegg on several occasions.

www.pricegrabber.com has a cleaner interface… Same deal tho.