Time is getting close

Attn Movement & Terminal Sections

11 & 12 Sept is Drill Weekend. SAT 11 SEPT is PT test and weigh-in :crying for the unit. Report to drill in you PT uniform, unless told otherwise. There will be an assortment of meetings and required training during the drill weekend. 1st Formation will be at 0730 hrs.

Regarding some of the additional info that is starting to become available. This is a heads up for anyone who is considering to do RST’s for 2005 training year. There will be at least 2 Missions to Port of Phila. It is possible that the manning requirement will be 10 +/- personnel from the 1185th. They will be looking for 88N & 88H. The missions will be uploads. The equipment could come to the port on rail, commercial truck & possible convoy’s. The missions could start anytime from late Sept and run to mid to late Oct. The unit will be using those people who signed up to do RST’s in Oct first. It is still not decided if the unit will support these missions, but the request should be coming thru channels before drill weekend.

SSG Noyes and I are going to FIG to get trained on the new laser weaponner system. We have the equipment at the reserve center. If there is any lull in the action this drill, we will be setting up the system in the old range room and will be using Movement & Terminal personnel to make sure it works. This is the system that will be going to FIG in NOV to use for prep for range qual firing. We will be using the pop-up targets to qualify. We may have to fire at Dix also. It is a lot harder to qualify on pop-ups that on the paper targets we are accustomed to using.

I have talked to some personnel who have recently returned from the Iraq & Kuait area. The info I received is basic survival stuff. If you want a camel back, take it with you. There is a shortage of this item in the inventory and they are scarce in the sandbox. I will be providing reading material on nice to know info for the members of the section. It will be kept in the Terminal Section area. All members will read and initial the papers as they review the info.

I have additional info for all the Section Leaders and have 2 items for Maj Engdahl. All of this came from the 2 safety classes attended in the last 2 weeks.

What most of the people returning said is that it is a long tour. It gets very hot in the summer, it gets very cold in the winter - dress accordingly. Drink water in the summer months - monitor each other to make sure everyone is drinking water. The port is a dangerous place, watch your back and your buddies back. Be careful when going into the local economy, go as a group.

There is quite a bit more info to be passed out. This is just the basic stuff that will be pounded into your heads daily until we get there. THINK SAFETY.

Have a great holiday weekend, be careful, I’ll see you next weekend.

SFC Fox

good luck & be safe

Be careful Eric. Thanks for your service! Go in, do your thing, and come home to your son. And shoot a few of those bastards for me while you are there. :bigthumb:

Be carefull !!! return home safe well def pray for ya even though youll be fine !!!

good luck man

:sadwavey: