Tire work review.

I came in to get 4 tires dismounted from the BBS’s i got from iNFeSt31 last week. I was met by Harold, and we pulled the truck in the back of the shop. Unloaded them, dismounted them, loaded them back up and even scanned my battery casue the truck has been starting like shit for the last 2 weeks. (540Ca battery putting out 126ca doesnt cut it I guess!) total time was 10 minutes! Tire machine is legit and is easy on wheels. rim protector in place and in great condition. Well organized and clean bead machine and balancer.

I shot the shit with him in at the front desk in the much needed chilly AC. No charge for the work, so i told him I would bring some stuff to the G2G on the 17th and he said thats cool.

Like everyone already stated, they are great people to deal with and talk to. Felt like I was going to a friends house to work on the car, instead of a slimey stealership!

A+ team, looking forward to coming back for more and spinning some wrenches.

Sat morning limped the jetta to the shop. Was a fun ride, locking out of gears, 5th was poping out and my speedo sensor stopped working.

Anyway got it there at 8:30 ish, met the crew and drove it in and started working on it. Including shooting the shit here and there as the other guys working there took a peek at the car, trans was out in 45 minutes! 99% of the work I did my self, and luckly Yetti walked in for his dyno runs just in time to help grunt the trans out.

I will tell you what, this is #4 coming in and out of this car, and on jack stands it our fastest was 1.5hr or so start to trans out on the floor. cutting that time in HALF, and increasing the saftey factor a million fold, is WELL worth the money spent on the bay rental.

Once the hard work was over, it was off to the dyno for attempt #2 on Jims GTI VRT. Turns out poorly gapped old plugs were the issue last week at the dyno party. New plugs, and some leaded… 450hp/450tq! we were VERY happy with it.

The work was only part of the fun there… just hanging out with the guys was a blast as allways too. I dont know how many times I can say it, that place kicks ASS.