TIRES!!!

Ive decided to start taking in tire order from ppl. The CT i work at disposes so many tires, and ALOT of them are jsut about new… after getting all the ones i need for my car this year (20) ive decided to start taking orders, at 20 bucks a tire. pm me what tire size u need, and ill let you know when i get them. 20 bucks a tire, ill find the best quality ones i can for you guys =)

btw sorry for posting in the wtb section =(

AND due to the CRAZY amount of replies ive got int he first hour, let me narrow this down =)

I cant get winter tires until the spring, remember this is what other customers throw out =)

pro rated and racing tires are basically out, is a high end car gonna show up to CT for tires like that? not likely, but could happen! ill keep an eye out.

Any regular tires for hondas, toyotas, nissans, gm, ford, etc. i can do, and will =) hell ill even deliver in gta if tis for 4 tires =)

I think a lot of people that beat the crap out of their cars on the track will truly appreciate cheap tires :slight_smile:

your going to sell tires CT would otherwise throw out?

sorta odd…

GT

Not really, I’ve seen them throw out all kinds of things that are perfectly fine. Brand new set of chain cutters, missing one bolt out of the box, spraypaint orange, and toss in the dumpster. Tool box with a broken hinge, spraypaint orange, toss in the dumpster.

They do it a lot.

And besides, as track tires, as long as you giv’em a quick check for broken belts or seperation, they’re more than acceptable.

Do you ever come by r-compound tires? and how would i get the tires from you?

r comps at CT? I highly doubt it.

I work at a CT garage and they throw out good tires all the time, we just tell the customers that their tires are finished and that we will kindly dispose of them free of charge and they r like “ok, ill leave them here” and we take them home, lol. They are usually 50-70% thread left, sometimes in good sizes/brands.

We had an S2000 come in and he left his 2 rear tires (225/50ZR16 brigestone) with like 4/32 so i picked them up, ganna use them to practice drifting or something.

Most of the tires are scrap, but you can usually find good stuff.

Let me know if you get any 215/45/R17.

you are missing the point… tires are getting thrown out… ie: in the garbage, meaning no one owns them.

but you wanna make 20 bucks a pop off em.

doesnt make much sence to me

GT

pm the guy

GT

makes sense to me…

its better than throwing them out if they are useable…

i dont see what the problem is.

he wants some pocket change, and he is giving us potentially cheap decent tires.

makes sense to me…

its better than throwing them out if they are useable…

i dont see what the problem is.

he wants some pocket change, and he is giving us potentially cheap decent tires.[/quote]

exactly. If you own ur own business you get things alot cheaper. I’ll use tires as an example. I can get tires cheaper than anyone here, but just for myself. I paid $55 a tire. The MSRP and what they do sell for in stores is $170. Thats a 300% margin. That makes sense. So if he wants to just take these tires and deliver them, then hes entitled to make a profit. Economy is what makes the world go round

if they are free then just go take them… garbage belongs to no one and can be taken with no legal reprocussions

i have no problem with a guy trying to make a buck… but not by selling what would otherwise be free to ANYONE.

as well… ANY dealership usually has a pile of 20 to 50 tires, in decent condition, on any given day…hell my shop probly has enough to outline half the corners at mosport…

but by all means… pay the 20 dollars.

GT

ok think about it this way

how many tires in the garbage have a hole or a ripped sidewall or run flat etc.

if he works at ct he will see whats coming off and only take the prime examples.

so if you want to be a racoon and go threw the garbage go for it.

but to some people 20 bucks is reasonable

i guess.

iuno like i said… if you want to pay 20 dollars… by all means.

ill keep out of this thread now.

GT

what does the fact that you can get tires at a WD price from a distrubitor for yourself at your own cost and use them personally have to do with economics?!

The thing with CT tires is that they don’t throw them out onto the street, all used tires are put in the back room and a tire recycler picks them up once every week or 2 depending on the quantity.

If you can take them home, it’s a perk of working there. If you come off the street and ask for tires, we’re ganna tell you to get lost.

GT its not like U can walk in there and go take tires… they are supposed to be disposed of, which costs alotta money to the owner. i ask to take the tires away that are suppsoed to be disposed, the owner says yes. if a random guy walks in there and asks hes gonna tell u to f right off… its an employee thing

Exactly what I just said… ^^^^

aye i just hit hte reply button right after GT’s response… anyways UPDATE!!! i have ONE winter tire, 25/65/15 30 bucks about 90% tread left on it… i also have 2 other tires, 195/65/15, 2 different brands one has little tread (30%) the other still ahs lots (60-70%)… i will be filling out the orders asap, might take a little while to get hte tires you guys need, expecially if you want all of them the same. anyways, would th efollowing please leave me a phone number or address to deliver tires too:

Crsbb
Dxero
Eggman
Kuzals
Skeezer

These names are in no particular order, the more easy going you are the faster ytou get tires, please pm a contact number and an address.

and once more, the tires might take a little time to get but im lookin for only half decent - ridiculous decent tires, since i dont wanna make a abd sale with anyone =) so it can take a while… thanks!