TJ's '86 WhoreRunner

Project WhoreRunner…

Copy/Pasted from the “Post Your Import” thread, here’s the as-is:

http://www.norcal-ls1.com/multimedia/data/500/296WhoreRunner2.jpg
http://www.norcal-ls1.com/multimedia/data/500/296WhoreRunner.jpg

'86 Toyota 4Runner
~150K Miles on the Rig
< 5k Miles on:

• New 22RE- Rebuilt 5spd Manual- New Clutch/Pressure Plate/etc.- New Shocks all Around- Rear Springs (to level it and fix the famous 1st Gen. 'Runner Sag)- Ball Joints- Brakes- Bunch-o Misc. Shit.

It’s basically stock with a small lift, 31x10.5 ProComp Mud Terrains and that’s about it. It’s a SR5 so it has power everything, AC, Cruise, Moonroof etc.

Just scored a killer deal on the following parts:

• '85 Toyota Axles (Front & Rear)- ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear- ARB Tanks- ARB Compressor- 5.71 Gears (might not use 'em since they’re weaker and a bit much for my goals)- Rebuild Kits, Air Hose, Etc, Etc.- 15x10 Steelies- 35x12.5-15 Beat-Ass Old Tires (will only use during mock-up)

Need to buy:

Need to Fab:

• Mounts/Perches/Hangers/Shackles for the 63" Chevy Springs for the Back of the WhoreRunner- Front Bumper/Corner Guard- Rear Bumper/Corner Guard- Sliders- Square-Tube Front DS- Have Rear DS Built Pro.

Here’s basically my goal:
http://www.allprooffroad.com/images/stories/about_us/mike_ramp01_l.jpg

-TJ

PS- I’m in the “parts collecting” stage, I don’t expect to begin working on it for at least 3-4 months. For now I’m just drivin’ her as-is.

:cool:

awesome

gearhead is going to be jelious

neat

Man i never seen a toyota thats not rusted out at that age! nice find! Looks good! can t wait to see her finished

non pa vehicles happen to not rust out… :down:

Tj’s 4wd Man Sex machine

holy articulation batman…

get ahold of marlin crawlers for the transfer case. they buy alot of our cases at work.

also, look around in salvage yards for the solid axle. if you were still in pa, i could hook u up w/ one from a toyota we have at work. im sure there is some illegal mexican gardner driving around in a toy truck in cali that the motor is about to die that you could buy for donor parts.

always liked those trucks, good luck with your build!

I love it.

Thanks!

There’s really no rust at all on this rig, original Bay Area, CA vehicle.

:stupid:

thuper duper :grouphug: :naughty:

I’m hoping to ramp at least 900.

I’ll probably use Marlin for the doubler, though there’s LOTs of options out there now. I want to use this skid-plate/double t-case xmember/t-case mounted e-brake: All-Pro Off-Road | Venture Out (scroll down about 2/3 of the way to “Triple X Member”).

As for the axles like I said I already scored a complete set of front/back '85 axles (the strongest year) w/ the factory 4.10 3rd Members. Along with that I got these:

3rd Members assembled w/ ARB Air Lockers & 5.71s. Also I got the ARB tanks and compressors and axle rebuild kits.

I scored ALL that shit for $1500 and I can sell the back axle (I’ll keep my '86 cuz it’s wider) and both 4.10 3rd Members to recover a LOT of that cost.

Thanks.

-TJ

are you on t4r.org?

No sir, though I guess I’ll register.

-TJ

Nothing to special to update, just scored a few more parts and broke some stock stuff. :smiley:

I took her out to Hollister Hills for a weekend of wheelin’ and campin’ even though she’s still stock. I managed to break the stock POS auto-locking hubs half-way up a really hectic trail. I was following too fully setup buggies and they were amazed how far I was getting with a stock ‘runner on 31x10.5s with open diffs front/rear. then the hubs broke and I was still hangin’ in there with 2wd (which is really just 1wd). I finally got stuck and had to back down, but it was a lot of fun. I managed to pop her cherry though and get some good body damage. I love this shit.

Damage:
http://www.norcal-ls1.com/multimedia/data/500/296damage1.jpg

I also scored some dual cases w/ adapater. They need rebuilt (they’re in a running rig right now, but they could use freshening) for $200. The adapater alone sells for $350. w00t

-TJ

After getting stuck and seeing what a winch can do and lockers couldn’t I’d put winch high on the priorty list. Lockers just help you get stuck deeper. Winches well get ya out.

Yeah, I’m planning a winch in the tube front bumper.

-TJ

Looks like you have fun what that, and that’s all that should matter with it.