Too fat for the internet

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/personal/01/04/dating.site.overweight/index.html

“Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded.”

:lol:

thats alright, get all them fat chicks sad so they get desperate. Then I can swoop in for the kill.

cum on the stomach ftw

like a boston cream doughnut

Awesome!!!
:bigclap:

such a good marketing tactic

They are ra-tards for posting pictures of them after gaining the weight.

lol. i was on beautiful people.com

Does anyone in the history of the world look as good as their internet dating picture anyway?

I would say that a lot of girls look BETTER in real life than they do in pictures…

OK, maybe not a LOT, but it certainly happens.

Hmm.
I’m not on any dating sites but from what I hear secondhand it’s standard procedure to count on them being 20% less hot in person. Sort of like accounting for 20% of resumes as fluff.

Well, do we count facebook/myspace as dating sites? Because that’s all I’m basing this theory on.

I don’t think I’ve ever been on BP after I got accepted. I just wanted to see what’d happen if I signed up.

i was talking like match.com/plentyoffish/eharmony type shit. The whole real names and personal info thing is a hindrance to macking it on facebook, and myspace got taken over by poor people. It had white flight to facebook like an inner city.

Facebook and MySpace have the same people on it. Facebook used to be nice becuase it was just college people, not its parents, kids, homeless people using computers in a cafe, etc.

The fact remains is:
a) everyone thinks their “average” so even the fat people who hang out with fat friends think they are average.
b) everyone has at least one good picture to show. if this one pic is usually above their head looking down: bad news bears.

In my spare time I am going to write a dating site that allows other people to say your body type and rate your real life attractiveness. That and everyone would be required to have a body picture to “protect the integrity of the members”

You just have to interperet.

Shot taken from above on a downward angle = fatty.
Straight on shot with head down or to the side = fugly.
Drink in hand as stage prop = boring trying to look cool, or alcoholic.
Picture taken in mirror = skank.

haha good lord thats hilarious. This thread made my day.