Top 10 Most Influential in Albany

Lol! I don’t need dead people. I have a very good friend building a very upscale spa, gym, tri training center, holistic cafe, etc… And need some people to give away free memberships to, to help promote a bit.

You don’t like dogs?

A gym?? Tell him to just give me his money instead :confused:

No offense, but IDC hoowwwww upscale/unique you make a new gym idea, there is just absolutely waaayy too much competition.

juuustt a few off the top of my head

Planet Fitness
Best fitness
Vent Fitness
Anytime fitness
snap fitness
ABC sports and fitness
crossfit
YMCA
Golds gym
sport time gym
Albany Strength

No offense but upscale and our area don’t go hand and hand… It’s all about the 9.99 a month.

I’m all about that 9.99 a month. Come at me bro.

They have clubs and shit around here that have saunas and hot tubs and all that shit, i just dont know the names of them… And our area also doesnt coorelate to paying high end prices, the majority of people anyway. I love the idea and I have aalways wanted to open up my own gym, but im not that dumb to think I can be better then the other 20 multi million dollar companies… I wish him luck, but i see him going bankrupt within 2 years.

people who want a high end gym don’t go out and buy a gym membership, they use the gym at their country club

upscale gym. LOL take your NYC bullshit back to NYC where it belongs. If this were NYC restaurants like The Brown Derby, and that other faggot shit on pearl would still be around. Pissing me off with this “upscale” shit. Along with “upscale” comes all your stupid commy ideas and agendas. PASS.

who needs gold plated weights and a towel boy at a gym anyway?

Im sticking with my $19.99 Best Fitness membership.

A gym is all about working out and youre not going to get a better workout at a place just because it costs more and is nicer looking.

I’m not exactly sure of the financials with this business, but it will be very competitive with other gyms, but will just have more options and more things to keep people interested in their health.

None of the people named in this thread would fit the description of what you’re looking for because in nearly all cases the people listed are old and likely wouldn’t be going to any gym outside of the one at the Fort Orange Club. Lia’s would be the exception, but they already own a gym. If you want to see how an “upscale” gym works in the area look at the Steuben Club. I play basketball there on Saturday’s and it’s usually a ghost town.

and speaking of Lia’s, wtf did they do to piss Gold’s off and lose their franchises?

^Probably pulled a smart business move and bought them out.

They didn’t lose anything, Lia’s bought out the franchise and changed the name.

Jumpin on the planet fitness bandwagon FTL… Golds is now a cardio gym

Terry Finley/West Point Thoroughbreds
2011 Revenue: $6.5 million

Many of the big players are quiet. The named above are those forced to advertise.

Example: The Massry family with 40,000 plus rental units, so many foundations and charities no one will ever know of, and still buy and drive jeeps.

So, just as an example: Thats about $48 million a month of rental income… random ballpark. And Norman and fam still reside and are involved, live and give locally.

I could name a handful of people in the area quieter and more influential based on the boards they and their families sit on… that said…
your talking about free gym memberships… best off giving them away a organic food stands…

or maybe to 40,000 renters. At .10 a coupon thats only 4k plus delivery of said coupon. :slight_smile:

Wishing new biz owner success actually.

Yea and Norman has one hell of a Porsche collection…:ninja

True that… friends of Langan family will have that happen…and thus the Jeeps as well…but that games over for Langan…maybe an Audi is in their future. LOL