The Future of Albany Speed Shop

reposted from a.s.s??? by slowmarrow

Hey all…

Yes, we have been real busy in service/speed shop. I have been working out there for the last month. See our Facebook page to see what we have been working on.

About the show this weekend at Wilton. Its the CVRA car show. That means the Richards family co-op with the mall like they do every year for the racers at Alb/Sar and Their Vermont track Devils Bowl, to showcase their cars. My NASCAR Late Model #14 will be there in Albany Speed wear!
Denooyer is a rather large sponsor for the CVRA. So whatever you think is happening may not be true so be careful. But In business if you can have a big thing and “block” the competitors from being there…its a win… frankly i dont care either way…i’m staying neutral and just doing my thing.

FYI about how we’re doing. Saab Sucks right now. In fact it the worst I have ever seen it in my life. So i dont know what going to happen with that. But I can tell you a few other things happening now and in the thought mode as we go forward…

I am in search of a new location For Albany Speed. It needs to be like 7500 Sq Ft and have a big shop, say 5000 sq ft and a showroom for parts and hangng out to play video games and search the web and even maybe get some food… I want to expand this speed shop to an Auto club of sorts. So it also needs to have a larger then normal area for parking, whether thats paved or not or some is and some is not, don’t care. The thought is to offer a place for the auto community to be welcome and hang out. The lot will be dead. as we plan to have friday and saturday hang outs from 10-2am. In addition a full speed parts showroom and even maybe a Cafe for food. There will be a membership fee (like $25) for the year and each will get a member card which allows them special pricing and entry to special events that are ONLY A.S.S. related. In the future, The Tuner Car Bar is the planned name.

Imagine this - I nice place where you’re a member and WELCOME. You can come anytime we’re open and hang in the “lounge”, get some food, play video games, search the web and post on Shift. You can look and shop through the showroom full of speed parts. Then you can go out side and see all of the cars parked correctly and behaving under lights. But wait…shortly there will be a drifting expo that night… and a video racing game championship match inside… Tomroow will be even better because now at Albany Speed’s Tuner Car Bar you can come over and buy some “run” tickets. You know like at the go kart track…but here you can take that ticket and your car and go out back and drag race one of the members on the 1/8 mile drag track… if you loose…which could happen, you just need to go back to the showroom, buy more speed, put it on or have us do it and then test it on the dyno and then have a grudge match to reclaim your nuts…(LMAO)

Sound ambitious? It is. But thats where I would like to go with this. Build community and car friends and get shit done…

Saab may not survive, but things are in full swing to reinvent the wheel with Albany Speed Shop.

And YES…if you have some thoughts or a building you know of, I WANNA know… Slowmarrow John…love your ideas too…but dont be stirrin shit my friend… focus on whats real…and yes stop over so we can abuse each other for a while…your strips still show loud and clear in the driveway after the snow melted…

Sorry Ive been a slow to no go poster lately… Life and work are nuts. But yes we see many of ou often and so far we have made everyone very happy, which was the plan from the get go…

So Am I CRAZY or do you think something like i explained would be a good thing?..

Thats bring you up to speed!!

Looking forward to your comments.

Darryl

Some good ideas here, I like it!

Some badass ideas in here, nice work.

oh yeah, ideas that are good? what whatttt

I think this is what we’ve been looking for for years. Somewhere that is for the people, by the people. Awesome ideas in here.

A+.

This would be like a Elks club for the car community! Great ideas! Liking it a lot.

I dig it.

As we discussed in person, you’re right on the money man I’m sure it something we’d all love to be a part of.

More importantly, my Jetta goes straight as an arrow, which only means you’ll be busier with alignments from my customers.

:thumbup :thumbup to a stand up dude with some solid ideas.

tell Neil to go fix something.

Sounds awesome. Place to hang out with not to many assholes around :slight_smile: good luck!! Im in for all of it for sure.

I would gladly pay money for a cool car hang out at nights. I used to love hanging out at “the lot” with my Typhoon back in my college days circa 2005. I still like to cruise around weekend nights, but there is nowhere to go. Plus all the other things you said sound like great ideas.

Ry, there are a few more G8 buddies on here for ya! Do u ever drive it to work? Haven’t seen it yet!

Yeah I drove it all this week until today. I’m going to be at LVD and AutoX this year with it a lot I hope. Even bought my own helmet

A place where car guys and girls can be car guys and girls is EXACTLY what the car community needs! I know if I hold a members card, when trouble rolls through at 1AM, I would have no issue telling them to shape up, pay up or GTFO and come back when you can. We all take pride in our cars, and 90% of the active members here take pride also in how they portray themselves in the public’s eyes. With that being said, the good people here will show the community what we are really about, and get some of the monkey’s off our backs, in the eyes of the public and the law enforcement.

When planed out correctly, and bases are covered, I only see great things spurring from this.

Ohh and I say KART TRACK would be a GOLD MINE in the area! Bring your own kart, or rent some. Weekly kart grudge matches would kick soooo much freakin ass!

Kart track for the win. I’d be there every other week depending on price

I like it

Hell yeah. Get some $1000 bomber karts off CL when they pop up, as rentals.

I would honestly buy my own kart, I have been thinking of that for a while and this would be the excuse to do so!

Have a track rental fee for BYOK, and another price for rental and track time.:thumbup

Even an autocross type layout for karts would suffice. Maybe get fancy with some concrete and make aprons and shit too, paint them up red/white and frame up some simple pressure treated walls where the track layout could potentially intersect if someone looped out.

someone is getting stoked…

This does sound like a good idea on paper its just hard to spend a ton of money on some thing that will get a majority of the use during the summer. An indoor track cart would be awesome