top end power loss sr20det

I have an sr20det and i just swapped out my stock 370cc fuel injectors for new 550cc injectors. Now when i drive, i feel the boost, but at top end around 4-5000 rpm it loses all boost and wants to quit on me…anyone know why…
if its overfueling what should i do?

thanks

you are most likely running right as hell.
Get a fuel management system in order to back off on the fuel. Your ECU still think you have the 370cc installed and pumping about 27% of additinal fuel at any given RPM . More under boost.

I am surprise your car is even running… WoW

This is a great thread.

I like the cut of your jib, matt_sr20det.

so is there any fuel management besides the stock pressure regulator ??
farmer

u need wider rims, that is ur problem.
did u do any research before this or putn bigger injectors in with no managment at all, seemed like a great idea

^^^

LOL

You are dumping 33% more fuel in there than your computer “sees”.

car must feel slower than it did before

… what the fuck

lol @ this thread. IBTL.

so what should i do next to fix this?..

back off fuel… SAFC-II or AEM, Greddy E-mange… anything that allows u to controller fuel

or put the stock injectors back in since having 550’s on your car isn’t going to help anything at all…

my injectors were bad and was was non-functional so i got the 550’s from someone…
what would be the best fuel management system to run on the sr set-up?

Best? You have a few choices: AEM EMS, Power FC, Haltech, Motec, just to name a few etc. Prepare to spend $1000-$1500 + tuning

Or, if you just want to get the 550 working, get an SAFC - ~$200 and a few hours and you’re set.

Nice, I didn’t know a car will run if you just put 550s on it with no tuning. Your car should pull a lot harder now.

crank up the boost on the turbine to 16 psi and you’ll be mint.

u cant just drop in those injectors and go , im in the same boat i have a set of 555 sitting on my desk but the ecu has to be redone i looking into the nistune option! 400 from australia then someone to tune it so still well under a grand! the other thing is upping yourmaf sensor , more fuel + more air. dont
waste money on the safc II

This thread is incredible… they all sound like great ideas at 1.25/L.

performance isnt cheap on gas, you should know that if u have a 12.7 time posted, betcha that doesnt get 35mpg

The 12.7 is on a T25 @ 14psi :rofl:

Don’t temp Dustin.

rofl yea like gonad said, I’d be careful who you call out there :wink: