Trading rims.

I am trading rims with one of my friends ,but i do not like the blue color he painted them.Would i sand the color off or just repaint them oem color.I just want them back to stock look !!

try lots of lacquer thinner. the paint might come off. but if he sanded them youll have to repaint them obviously. hopefully you can restore those wheels as they are kind of a rare mk4 wheel.

go to advanced auto and pick up the silver wheel paint and clear scuff them down with a red scotch brite pad(which can be bought in the sam aisle) do a couple coats of color and a few of clear and be done a nice saturday afternoon jobor if you dont wanna do it buy the paint and drop the wheels off at my house and ill do it for you.

Yea just discussed with him today on the trade , have to figure out when he wants to . Yea brett i agree they are pretty rare and a nice set of oem of the mk4

Why is this in the 518 Projects section? :confused

chemical strip the wheels then repaint

what wheels are you getting? aircraft paint stripper is pretty strong stuff. should do the trick.

makes a fuckin mess though

i love http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1117/566389388_a5a1f62d69.jpg?v=0

yo Bobby send me a pic of the rims your getting for the jetta i wana see them hahaha

yea so those rims got traded underneath me . White vr6 got them and he spray painted them BLACK on top of the blue !!!