Tuned the car today

While home in NC for Thanksgiving, I went to CAM carolina auto masters and got it dyno tuned by Jeff Creech.

Mods: '99 TA M6, SLP Lid, Smooth bellows, SSRA, !fra, Mac mid length headers, catted y-pipe, Borla catback, pro 5.0 shifter and short stick.

Baseline was 325 hp and 334 tq.

After several tuner adjustments, altering the a/f, sparkplug timing, !egr, and some other stuff I forgot we ended up with…

Final was 340 hp and 349.5 tq.

Overall I’m pretty happy with the results. Was told I really wouldnt need a tune after just headers etc etc, by alot of online forums discussions etc. Though in my case seems the tune was very beneficial.

Would like to thank Brian again at JJ’s automotive for the install job.

Decent numbers. Just wondering what did they do to the egr, did they block it off?

Where abouts in NC? If your near Charlotte next time check out More Performance
http://www.moreperformanceinc.com/

I believe they are the East coast goto shop for LS and LT1’s. Talk to Walter. Hes a good guy and tell him I sent you.

I would tend to think that any mod would need tuning afterwards to reach max potential. From my understanding just opening the intake nad exhaust on the LS1 can gain you alot of performance especially if tuned.

i willing to say yes they did…when i put my headers on…we took the egr tube off…then cut it up where it bolts up to…the welded a nut in there and welded it shut

would see more power with the long tubes…but hey man nice numbers :burnout: :bigok:

nice##'s,we left the egr on!

nods, they left the egr onwhen they installed it. Though apparently with efilive and ls1edit he said he was able to bypass the egr as far as the computer was concerned.

Nods about LT’s. Though by the end of it all I was looking at well over 1k for a LT set-up with cats, got this set of macs catted y-pipe which both were pretty rusted in areas… for 325. I heard rumors about mac cats being nearly as bad as the stock ones… I am still happy with the numbers. Later on in a year or two when more money is laying around perhaps I will change em out with LT’s and then get heads and a cam too :)) heh