tuning 08 cobalt ??

my buddy wants to boost his cobalt and i told him i could throw the kit on for him but he was wondering what kind of tuning options he has

its an 08 ls

cheaper to buy a 08 turbo cobalt

:word:

HPtuners may support the 2.2 but I have no idea. It would probably be cheaper to just buy a new turbo one. Can’t beat that factory warranty!

I think they have something similar to jet chip now

which does crap…

that’s what it seems like from the threads I have seen. Hptuners is nice but they don’t care about supporting the base model. Wish they would unlock some these ecu’s further.

the kids stuck with this car and loves to do different things hes got the money to throw around so thats not really the problem (makes me angry)

so i should check out hptuners?

If hes got money go standalone.

why is he stuck? is it a lease or a parents car?

he could but in the honda world atleast i hear people have problems with standalones on mild setups (but then again that is hondas so maybe different with domestics??)

his sister works for gm and it was the best deal he could get…basically he couldnt get nearly as much money off for the turbo one as he could with the ls

HP tuners has no support yet ,they are working on it. We have dyno’d 2 08 cobalts just for base numbers tho.

so its either standalone or nothing at this point? and even standalone would be a PITA?

your friend is a idiot the car is not worth modding. if he has money tell him to take a hit an trade for a turbo cobalt

ill relay that message for ya killer…thanks for the .02

i know i own a 08 cobalt

if anyones got any other ideas throw them up

buy a 08 turbo balt. its what i have and currently the worlds fastest 08 stock turbo :wink:

yea but you also suck a mean dick

What’s it run?