Twomodified4u's Turbo S2000 Build

Again, looks awesome. Why dual wastegate?

V-bands give me boners

cant wait man

helps control boost and you can run low boost ex(pump gas tune) with out the boost climbing aka boost creep with rpm’s

edit yea looking at the header, if its a true divided manifold (cant see inside that collector) 2 cylinders feed each scroll on the turbine. You need 2 wastegates or one side will allways see 100% exhaust gasses entering the turbo, spooling it up.

Thats only needed when a big single wastegate cant move the volumn of gasses quick enough in the system. 2, 38MM WG’s = 72MM worth of adjustment. Also its like a twin turbo over a big single, 2 smaller ones can react faster than 1 large one.

aka helps control low boost better

That set up looks bad ass. Cant wait to go for a rip in it this year

Fuck everyone askin for a ride, i want a race

Its a divided turbo with a divided manifold its far more practical to run 2 than to combine the 2 halves into one wastegate. Also its closer to a single 53mm wastegate than a 72(I’m guessing you meant 38x2=76).

Its on:number1

yeah math was off, lol its 76mm total. and where did you get 53mm? I didnt know they make 26.5MM wastegates.

Yes just like my first reply. Divided manifold NEEDS 2 wastegates. No way around that. Has zero to do with boost controll efficiency. If you have a divided manifold, the group of cylinders are completely seperate, usually paired to hit the turbo based on stroke timing.

Yeah never said it didnt. JSE’s question was far to vauge to give an accurate answer, as your answer was missing key facts to answer the question also. Your answer is completely valid if the person asking the question knew the difference between a divided manifold/turbo vs single source of exhaust gasses hitting the turbo all together.

They are two completely different reasons for running 2 wastegates, to be completely accurate with a response.

i have 2 wastegates, they sound cool, i like them

They found like floppy dick

wastegates are for fags

I welded my wastegates shut.

rofl

:expressionless:

my wastegates have wastegates that have their own wategates

Area = (Pi)r^2

Closer to 48mm by my calculations…

19193.14*2=2267mm^2
((2267/3.14)^(1/2))*2=~53mm