Twomodified4u's Turbo S2000 Build

Didn’t realize it was a divided manifold, makes sence now. Thanks

People have ran both halves into a single wastegate, its just easier to run 2. Many setups run 2 wastegates for non-divided manifolds for proper boost control.

For some reason I was thinking 34mm. lolz

drooooooooooooling

fine you math bitches beat me! lol I give up

How does that work? you plant the flange right over the seam on the collector? That essentially defeats the concept for a twin scroll divided manifold.

but what ever, I think we beat this to death enough in this dudes build thread. I quit. :lol

you should just dump the exhaust right out the motherfuckin hood.

I’ve seen people put a plate in between the two halves all the way up to the wastegate valve. I’m not sure why anyone would choose to do it that way.

AFI said they didnt have room for this time attack s2000, but i think they just didnt try hard enough. Twin 38’s arent much bigger than wastegate piping.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/afiturbo/DSC_0387.jpg

If its a time attack I doubt that its a big turbo, like smaller than 30R? for faster on/off boost performance. Where I can see wanting to have the most efficient wg setup you can. Honestly though, how many of us actually see boost fluctuation issues with single wg’s anyway? I know my lil 38mm 3076 hit my set boost and stuck there like glue, never over boosted, crept or anything.

The head on the WG and the body takes alot of room up really. it doesnt sound like a lot on paper, but stuffing it in the mix between coolant hoses, wires, belts, what not can be tricky, then plumbing it still… I can see space being an issue unless its gutted out under the hood.

who knows.

My 44mm WG in my ramhorn with a 11psi(i think) spring wouldn’t hold less then 16psi on my 35r.

huh. what kind of MBC? B&S or vented?

doesn’t matter even without the boost controller hooked up it does the same thing.

Yea its all about the spring at that point

lol…i did that too!! and who needs a BOV anyways, i dont want to loose any boost during shifts.

He said less than 16psi with an 11lb spring. so the MBC was asking that 11 lb spring to play nice with 12-15 psi. Which isnt asking alot from it IMO… its odd it didnt hold. But then again…

a little 11psi spring isnt very stiff, so think about it… in my head its more likely to flutter around. like a 11 lb spring trying to hold 15 psi (less than 40% increase) is like a 20lb spring trying to hold 24lbs is only like a %20 increase on the spring… on a naturally stiffer spring to begin with. But then again the boost pressure coming through the MBC outlet is pushing down on the valve too… so maybe that defunks my theory. lol

Its not about its ability to control boost properly 10 percent higher than its spring. Even with the wastegate wide open it can’t flow enough of the air around the turbocharger. It need a bigger wg or another one.

It’s ok KKK, this is a problem good flowing heads have, nothing your familiar with.

Thank god I decided to go with a new manifold

:rofl

Wouldn’t higher flowing heads have the opposite effect?

Nope