Twomodified4u's Turbo S2000 Build

i met the track owners at MIR, they pit next to us…cool guys. they have a pro-stock looking car with a turbo cobalt engine. ran 7.20 pretty sick

So because we take the car to the track and attempt to reach a goal it becomes a track car? By your logic there are no street cars if they go to the track. Was my 1999 honda civic bone stock a track car?

So you would choose to ignore the risks of having a cage in a street car that spends 99% of the time on the street for the 1% of the time it goes to the track. Not to mention how dangerous it would then become for the passenger also.

I dont see how adding a roll bar to a street car is a crazy risk really. No more of a risk than going 9.50’s at 150 plus without one.

Its funny that almost every car on this site that actually needs a cage doesn’t have one… But all the cars that have them dont even come close to needing one.

I think cages suck to be honest… I don’t want to ruin my interior and feel every little bump in the road. That’s just me though… Not fighting the safety issue.

If You crash on the street at 150, your either dead or dead… Cage or not.

I said I wouldnt but I guess I lied. I wont clutter this thread though…

http://shift518.com/showpost.php?p=904530&postcount=192

A cage, not a roll bar they’re different, has a hoop right next to your head, without a helmet even a low speed crash can cause severe head trauma. I might agree it isn’t that much more of a risk when you compare the 2, this is why you have to look at which one is being done more often and that is the street, 2-3 days a year as opposed to hundreds of days on the street.

Its not my car, erik can paint the thing pink and draw cocks all over it for all i care so its not my business or place to say what should or shouldnt be done. Would just hate to see a member on here injured or killed due to lack of safety.

I hear you, and this thread is a good example of people in this community caring far too much about what others do with their cars. Eric cares about track performance much more than Ray, and that’s fine. I don’t care about taking the Evo to the track AT ALL, and again…that’s fine. I care about getting the Camaro into the 10’s at the track next season…fine…

Point being, do what you want to do and don’t care what others think. Eric is a very smart dude and I’m sure he was 100 percent aware of the risks of driving a light, RWD convertible on the street/track with redic power.

so doing 140+ on the hwy friday is that safe?

Jesus Christ are we really having this argument ? My car goes 10,s with no cage , when I have the money it will have one but my car is a street car thru and thru . Besides its his car let him do as he pleases , when we pay for his car then maybe we should care what he or someone else does

I like this car… pretty nice build so far… carry on

didnt know if you knew but your coming too!

I’ll pay for his car. Do you take cashier checks or money orders?

I’ll go, no problem. Plus I’ll show you the ‘little border’…makes getting in/out of Canada much faster/easier. Get your enhanced license or passport if you dont have it already

We can trailer it too, as long as you pay for fuel

I wanna hit this track as well .

You’d love it, I’ve been to both, it’s a no-brainer choice to go to Napierville. It’s 2/10ths quicker on the same day on average for starters…

Nice , hopefully if this motor turns out to be what it should be ill run a great number wit no cage

sound like a good idea travis. You definitely know your shit.