Twomodified4u's Turbo S2000 Build

Where there is a will there is a way.

Only permanent modifications to the car would be 24-36 3/8" holes drilled through the floor. Want to sell it? Unbolt cage, remove it. Press in $5 worth of plastic caps and put a coating of seam sealant over them. When was the last time you lifted the carpet on a car you bought to see if it had a cage in it at some point???

Here you all go, save yourself the $ for a NHRA membership, here are the rules for a roll BAR. Please note the 6" BEHIND drivers head for the main bar… on the street if you wack your head on that, your seat is broken or you are gumby.

Like i have been saying, there is always a way to accomplish what you need to do.

My 03 seems to run quite well:tongue

Napierville is the best track around by far.

best track for what? no inspections? cause i can tell you right now, people that want to go fast don’t go there. They go to atco, MIR tracks

Yeah, some racers are over the age of 24, acne free and don’t drive Hondas.

:rofl

Unless youre at an event thats private or a rental, atco/englishtown such. Get 3 runs in 7 hours. MIR prep blew ass when i ran there both times.

Hey lenny i’m 6’4 and not small. Have you ever been in a s2000??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT59Y0JoF0I&feature=related[/ame]

heres inline pro’s cage at the end of this. I dont even think i could get in the car.

thats a fucking bomb shelter… eric you wouldnt come close to fitting in that.

So are you suggesting we follow the rules or not. a roll bar doesnt make this any more legal. The car would require a 10 pt cage with chute not bar. A bar isnt too dangerous on the street but does us jack squat at making this legal.

Itd be more persuasive with tech although not 100% correct. Better than nothing.

I bang my hand on the god damn dash sometimes when I shift gears in my S2K. Getting out when you cant open the door all the way makes my face look like my avatar. A cage would not be pleasant in that car.

Bottom line; it’s Erics S2000. If he doesn’t want a fucking cage…he’s probably not putting one in.

Just do a fucking tube chassis already.

don’t know when you went to MIR but a few guys went this weekend and broke the records for FWD allmotor street car hitting 9sec and turbo street car running 8.36@178. Im about to get my new clutch and drive down there to get my 8sec pass, thats how good that track is, with -2500 airdensity.

Stock turbo Evo was cutting 1.40 60fts at mir running in the 10.50 class

went there in the middle of the summer and it was like driving on 1-90 after an ice storm. No one could hook at all.

Just saw this is up for sale, don’t wanna finish the build?!

Does anyone know where Eric (twomodified4u) is? I purchased the car from him (through my cousin) a month ago and have not been able to get in touch with him ever since? Seems like he fell off the grid??? Hope everything is ok. Even my cousin (who actually met with him to pay him and get the title) and the guys over at Synapse have been trying to get in touch with Eric with no success. I am no stranger to the Capital District area, as I lived in Albany/Delmar for 15 years, but I recently relocated for business out to the Utica area.

Any help is appreciated.

My name is Jay and I can be reached at 315-794-8152.

Also, FYI - car is still at Synapse. I am having them do a full once over, conversion from AEM to Hondata KPro, different custom exhaust, and a few other upgrades/ehancements…

Car will also be fully painted by the spring.

Standby for more to come.

Why are you switching to kpro?

Inspections?

kpro is the only only that will pass ny state inspection in the s2000, most guys end up going aem and dealing with the hasstle every year because it’s half the price and doesn’t require any motor parts to get swapped to the newer s2k parts. in my opinion if your going to keep the car for a while the kpro is the way to go, no worries at inspection time