uhhhh what happened to oink?

anyone have any news?

:ohnoes::ohnoes:

British and Dutch police have shut down one of the world’s biggest sources of illegally-downloaded music.

A flat on Teesside and several properties in Amsterdam were raided as part of an Interpol investigation into the members-only website OiNK.

yea. totally fucking owned. :frowning:

The British and the Dutch police both contributed to the investigation that was initiated by the IFPI and the BPI, two well known anti-piracy organizations. The operation was supported by Interpol who coordinated the international cooperation.

According to early reports OiNk’s servers were confiscated in Amsterdam last week. This seems to be unlikely because the site was still fully functional 24 hours ago. The administrator of OiNK was arrested this morning by the Cleveland Police. The BBC reports that his employer and the home of his father were raided as well.

Jeremy Banks, Head of the IFPI’s Internet Anti-Piracy Unit, said in a reponse to the news: “OiNK was central to the illegal distribution of pre-release music online. This was not a case of friends sharing music for pleasure. This was a worldwide network that got hold of music they did not own the rights to and posted it online.”

OiNK hosted hundreds and thousands of torrents with over a million peers which makes it more popular than most public trackers. The site was known to be one of the first places where leaked music albums appeared, so anti-piracy outfits such as MediaDefender were keeping a close eye on it.

In July the tracker already changed its name from OiNK.me.uk to OiNK.cd due to “legal” issues with their domain registrar. Unfortunately it now seems that the popular private BitTorrent tracker is in bigger trouble.

Edit: Ah well, beaten.

shitty…

gotta stick to demonoid now :slight_smile:

demonoid is next on the list according to a few posting from people close to oink

^^SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :snky:

ugh. im gonna pour out a little liquior for my homie oink. fucking sucks.

wipe your hard drives kids…

pwned

[quote=“Locutus,post:9,topic:37457"”]

wipe your hard drives kids…

[/quote]

They are more worried about shutting down distribution hubs… I highly doubt you will see any oink users get in trouble for anything.

[quote=“boxxa,post:11,topic:37457"”]

They are more worried about shutting down distribution hubs… I highly doubt you will see any oink users get in trouble for anything.

[/quote]

i agree. but hey, some people are a little more paranoid than others. i can describe it like this… your parents may have a particular level of “conceptual security” in regard to domestic terrorism. you, being an avid Internet person, may feel a little different. Howie, who travels through NYC every day and sees armed Law Enforcement with automatic weapons may have a different level of “conceptual security”… With that being said, a member of CIA has a more educated opinion and level of “conceptual security” than most. catch my drift?

Already formatted my drives 15 times … peed on them and sent them down the garbage disposal

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:13,topic:37457"”]

Already formatted my drives 15 times … peed on them and sent them down the garbage disposal

[/quote]

:zong: i did that instead of peeing on mine.

i have about 3 gigs of music from oink. should i be worried?

[quote=“Dex,post:15,topic:37457"”]

i have about 3 gigs of music from oink. should i be worried?

[/quote]

yes yes you should, you should be very afraid

:lol:

The government loves to offer people money to turn on each other…a lot of money…

Demonoid fucking sucks compared to Oink

128kbps all day

All the rare OOP shit on Oink made it so dope…I hope to hell the music isn’t lost forever…

:frowning: shitty. Hopefully it comes back on, or pops up under another name.

Check out http://www.enjoys.it They are posting the lastest info about this.

All that music is just going to be seeded on other trackers now. So it will still be out there.