uhhhh what happened to oink?

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:22,topic:37457"”]

Hahahah… That doesn’t matter anymore, silly boy…

http://www.overclockers.com/tips01226/

This woman got sued and convicted without having anything on her HD.

Granted she got it because she shared files rather than downloading but I am sure that doesn’t matter.

[/quote]

lol

first of all. i love how you try to come at me when you think your right <3

second of all. a conviction is criminal… she lost a civil suit, she didn’t get convicted. big difference.

third of all. the author of the article explains that the logs/back work that the rIAA is doing now is “sufficient” for civil cases… same is true for the fBI… b4 they come to your door, the case is solved and they typically know its you, they are just trying to get you to admit that you did it so there doesn’t need to be a trial.

also, regarding civil cases in general and her case specifically, it looks like the defence took the “some hacker hacked into her network and downloaded files” defence… which is WEAK at best… just like any civil case, if your expert sucks, and advises counsel to take a particular defence, which sucks - your going to lose the case. simple as that… (if i was accused, i wouldn’t have a dumb expert :snky: )

its kind of like the fbi has your ballistics records of your gun, the receipt of you buying the gun and video of you walking out of the door with the gun after purchasing it… fast forward 5 years and your gun is used in a bank robbery. and you say “hey i didn’t shoot them, someone else did”… of course the fbi not having the gun is not necessary, to convict… would the best defence be “hey someone stole my gun” ?-- well maybe it is because you’re guilty and that’s the easiest story to keep straight at trial but IMO you could come up with several other defences which would look a LOT more creditable to the court…

regardless, take it or leave it, i would never d/l pirated data from the net - and not just for the legal/ethical reasons :snky: