*UN-OFFICIAL* 2009 Shredd and Ragan Cruise Nights at Dunn Tire Raceway Park

The LARGEST cruise night in WNY. EVER.

Shredd and Ragan Cruise, Bike, and Race Night
Every Wednesday night from Mid-May through September
6pm to 11pm
Dunn Tire Raceway Park in Lancaster, NY

They are looking to move more cars and the radio remote itself to the infield of the oval track. They will still have parking in the pro pits as in the past, but most of the action will happen inside the oval track. Some of the new possible attractions would be a parts swap meet, can jam, etc.

They will be doing the featured car of the week again this year. They are hoping to expand it for the Mustangs and F-Bodies.

I’ve been bugging them like crazy to have an F-Body vs Mustang Grudge Match Shoot out for one select night of the year. Line up one stang and one F-Body (while Disturbed plays in the background) per run and make it worthwhile.

Info will be posted as always at:
www.rodandpiston.com

Previous years photos and videos are at:
http://www.rodandpiston.com/features/sandr.asp

Also on FaceBook at:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=43249594081&ref=ts

and through the RodandPiston.com FaceBook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RodandPistoncom-Car-Shows-and-Cruise-Nights/49190647652

Updated 5/13/09 - Schedule

Here is a list of the best of show for the 2009 series. And August 26 is sure to go down as legendary

May 13 Chevy
May 20 Ford
May 27 1950’s
June 3 Classic Luxury( Any make‘s high end models)
June 10 Mopar
June 17 Camaro
June 24 Mustang
July 1 Trucks
July 8 Forgotten Classics ( Less popular brands and models)
July 15 1960’s
July 22 Oldsmobile
July 29 Pontiac
Aug 5 Buick
Aug 12 Mopar
Aug 19 Corvette
Aug 26 Camaro VS Mustang Grudge match
Sept.2 Ford
Sept 9 Chevy
Sept 16 1970’s
Sept 23 Classic Import
Sept 30 Stock rare engine

id like to see some sort of selection process or a sticker you get in the beginning to qualify your car to enter the oval etc. cars with rims and a fart can waste the space for the cars that SHOULD be in there. no one wants to look at that crap anyway

x’s 2

so what do the cars need a body kit? lambo doors, beats? neons?

MUHAHAHAHA F bod vs Mustang shootout! I like it :tup:

Tell me that wouldn’t be a huge hit

That’s why I park in the pro pits. The first few weeks of the cruise you don’t get the Summit Mall shit. But then they come in with force.
The guys letting in the cars are police/security, they don’t seem to know or give a shit about cars.

But the question is, who is to determine what qualifies to go into the oval track?

well you can only park like what 30 cars tops in the pro pits? after the featured cars of the week are in there. and unless you get there by like 630 its already filled anyway. thats just my .02

they should do a fastest civic/honda drag off if you will

i agree there was a ton of rice crap that was let in last year. like the stock cavs with huge wings and fart cans, and beat up peices of shit that looked like they drove from niagara falls summit to meet here. they should at least look clean with rims maybe kits but a few engine mods also. its kinda gay to only see the outsides of a car. alot of us like to see under the hood.

I believe they fit over 200 cars in there. You get a lot more than 30 cars in there.

We only have until 11pm. And other people want to race too. The clocks don’t have minute timers. :slight_smile:

time to see all the wastes of life the few times ill actually go

i only go for the ladies

lol. i would consider an 01 celica crap rice.

so stay home.

yeah do the work for the thieves, showcase how fast the cars are so they know who to follow home :picard:

I think they started to button down on that a little bit towards the end of the yr last year when it really started filling up, i remember a couple kids, scott(95civicex) being one of them not being able to get in becouse of the way his car looked. Told him it wasnt “show quality” I think thats when his talon was all one color too :picard: Idk either way i still remember seeing riced out civics and so on in the circle, they do need to do a muchh better job with that…

I like going up there and looking at the bikes, but after the first 30 minutes it gets real boring. They should bring that portable dyno up there.

I know I have a fun time there. I check out the cars, take my pics, occasionally we’ll have some models there. Then I watch some racing,the burn out pit, then go for some beers. How can that be boring?

No one in WNY and the surrounding area has a portable dyno. The kid that owned it sold it out to a company in NC. Plus when they had it at Summit, no one paid to run their car on it, so the kid lost lots of $$$$

That would be HUGE… im surprised they haven’t had that before? I think that would warrant its own day… or you would have to either have a mustang or f bod to run at that particiular S&R, there wouldnt be any time for the sweet 11 sec jettas and such.

HAHAHAH i LOL’d at this… I wish i would have seen scott so f’in pissed when even S&R told him his car is a pile.

I have been pushing it. We’ll see what happens. I mentioned it last year and told them the response would be huge.

I did mention having a separate day to rent the track for only Mustangs and F-Bodies for a picnic / grudge match race day.

:tup: to Joey actually doing something for the WNY scene. We still doing TO this year?