University at Buffalo Parking ticket Advice from 2005 ??

Ok so i never even went to UB was there a bunch but so is everyone in the area. Anyway I just got a notice in the mail that i have an unpaid ticket from July of 2005 40 bucks i dont want to spend one because i dont remember getting it at all and two i think its bullshit that they can even say i have something almost 4 years later. On the letter it says if not paid they will forward to the dmv. I would like to hear what you guys think my options are if i have to pony up and pay it or if i can fight it?

I got one of those years ago. I threw it out and it has yet to resurface. Pretty sure that it is gone forever at this point.

haha ok anymore people that can say the same i want to throw it out but i dont want to be pulled over and arrested for a stupid thing i may or may not have done . O sorry about the thread title i cant type

It’s private parking… correct me if I am wrong somebody but parking tickets on private parking is the enforcement of the parking lot owners and can’t be prosecuted by the state (DMV)?

Well its technically state property i think

From what I just read on the DMV page unless it came from the Traffic Violations Bureau you should be in the clear as those are the ones that report to the DMV.

Hahaha, I have a ticket from 11 years ago. I get the $30 bill every 6 months and still don’t pay it. I just can’t get a regular parking pass. That’s what my friends are for.

They were supposed to drop the ticket 11 years ago, did, and 4 years ago I started getting notices. I’m not worried.

Yes it is private property. It is not toed to your license or insurance. Just UB.

hmm ok i guess its goin in the trash i was kind of looking forward to bitching them out amybe ill do that then throw it in the trash

Ha I just got a letter from a ticket in Dec 07. Its just a UB parking ticket and I don’t go there anymore. They can not do anything unless its one for parking in say a handicap stop or violate another NY law from everything I heard. I just registered a new car so they have no DMV power either.

I got a tinted windows ticket back in 04 from a state trooper that I never paid :gotme: still have a clean license too wooot. 0 points.

i got one, they told me i couldnt graduate if i didnt pay it.

they were right, i didnt graduate … but then again i never went to school their either

That place is fucked. In early 2008 I went in there and squared away some parking tickets that I had gotten. Paid one, they dropped the other. Both were recent tickets, no later than a month.

Graduated this past May(08) and my parents get a letter saying that I have an overdue parking ticket from 2006. Well why the fuck wouldn’t they bring that up when I was squaring away my other tickets? I swear they just pick random people to fuck with and drain more money out of.

Fuck them, burn the ticket in front of the window at their office.

i have a tickets from 00 and 01… they send a notice every once and a while…, i imagine they have almost wasted more then the ticket is worth on postage/materials trying to get me to pay the fuckers

haha

:gotme:

hmm I always got mine taken back for sommmmee reason…odd.

Want to take care of mine for me?

truth.

I would figure they spent +/- $8.00 sending me notices in the past 10 years. I’m keeping my $40.

dont you WORK THERE ? or am i not up to date ?

a window tint ticket is not a moving violation. even if you weren’t a deadbeat, there would be no way you would have gotten points from it.

lol @ JEG

Toss the UB ticket. You’ll be fine.

Yea, but not in the ticket office. I am in an area owned by an outside company from UB. The bookstore and commons are technically not on UB property, but UB tickets in the lot. Wierd, but thats how it works.