Parking ticket...from a private lot... question

So i got a parking ticket on my bike yesterday for parking in a lot…but it’s not from the buffalo police…but rather the parking lot… it says right on it that there is no relation between this ticket and the police…

Do I have to pay it? What If i don’t?

BTW it’s for $10… But i still don’t want to pay it

its $10 lol why “what if” about it, if its only $10, just get it over with

IIRC, private lotsarent allowed to write tickets …theres was a HUGE thing about this a whileback … lots can have you towed , police can tow you, boot you, or ticket you

one lot was giving out official looking tickets and wound up having to refund every penny

edit butthe edit button refuses to work:

according to law, if you parked in a parking lot, and it wasnt posted insomeway, and there was noone taking $ atthe entrance, youcan park thre and cant get in trouble

if the parking lot IS the business, and theres noone taking $ (ie,they are “closed”) they have to gate the lot or let you park for free

i work construction and park in a lot in buffalo where we are suppose to park.I guess The contractor only rented out so many spots.I got 3 parking tickets this week from the lot.all they can do is tow your car if you dont pay that ticket (thats what it says on mine).If you want to park there again id pay it.

theres a lot downtown behind jims steakout…it seems that everytime i go down there i park and yes i get a ticket. the asshole knows who i am because he sits in his truck and waits for ppl to park and not pay. well he tried giving me a ticket while i was sitting in my car one night and i scared the living shit out of this guy. i swung the door open and proceeded to give him shit and tell him get away from my car i was going to pay. well the fucker still gave me a ticket and to this day he still gives me tickets and i still dont pay them. im suprised he doesnt just tow my car by now.

good luck renewing that license

also you can get tickets…from private lots
i work for kaleida health and the security there have actual summons tickets they write on behalf of the city of buffalo so some places that have security can write you an actuall summons / fine ticket

KEY WORDS

tickets that say they arent buffalo tickets obviously dont apply

i’ve gotten a bunch of them all from the same lot on chippewa.

i usually tear them up on the lot and leave them there. making sure i rip the part the says my license plate number.

they mean nothing

lol i worked the same security and they only apply if you have a cop write it. and it’s only in hospitals this applys like parking in the ambulance emergency room area. mostly they only apply if you work within the Kalida health system

i would pay if you plan on parking there again, cuz they tend to tow after one or more unpaid tickets. if you dont think youll need to park there again, fuck it.

b0bbyg238462746138476248076420: chris got his car towed from that lot and he ended up paying like 200 or so to get it from the tow company and there wasnt much he could do except pay at that point. you can try to bitch to the tow company but they dont care and just charge to hold your car every day you refuse to pay.

This is the lot between Franklin and the Shea’s Theatre?

Does it look like this? Because thats the tickets we use for parking on Private property and they are City issued
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Buffalony/06-02-07_1253.jpg

Hotrodkid’s right. If it doesn’t say City of Buffalo on it, you don’t have to pay it. But if you’re sneaking in and parking in a lot that you should be paying for, expect your car to get towed. Those dummy tickets are usually just to scare you into paying the company that owns the contract for the lot.

:word:

lol tyler you got a ticket that nigth…thats lame

It was on the news once before also, If someone puts a Ticket on your car “as a warning / Flyer / whatever” thats okay, But only Offical tickets can fine you. which if you dont pay, You’ll Pay!!!. All others are bogus and just a waste of paper.

Yeah. Parking lot guys are always, without exception, fucking trashy dickbags.

:roll2: I have about 20 of those fake parking tickets and I just renewed my license in may.

lol only chris would have that happen to him haha

I parked my bike in the lot across from area 42.
There were a ton of bikes/cars that had the same ticket… it’s a legit ticket
But it’s NOT FROM THE CITY OF BUFFALO
It’s from the company that owns the lot… I threw the ticket out though so I don’t remember the name

They said if not paid that it will be turned over to collections…Would they really waste the time for $10?